Main Menu

Looking for a winch

Started by 06Daytona, August 14, 2018, 08:35:07 AM

Previous topic Next topic

06Daytona

I'm looking for a winch for my truck but I'm not sure how big I need. There's a local Jeep place that has a 9500 lb for 425 and I've been told there's a place selling a 12000 lb for about 800.
I don't do any off roading so I don't need something that can drag my diesel Ram out of a mudbog, but it would be used to move the odd tree after a storm, and I'd like to be able to rig it to get my BB Challenger up my steep driveway and into the garage. As much as I would love 12000 lb it might be overkill in my case and harbor freight doesn't ship to Puerto Rico and anyone who does has a pretty high shipping cost due to the weight.

1 Wild R/T

9500 is overkill.... If something won't move with a 5K winch just use a pulley block to double the power....   

BIGSHCLUNK

Just be carefull, my experience albeit years ago was many were very overated capacity wise..............  And could not deliver, in one case even with a block. Hope they have improved since then....  :notsure:

Bills Auto Works

Believe it or not, The Harbor Freight brand "Badlands" works very well!

I have the 9000lb Badlands winch in both my enclosed trailer & on my open trailer. Since I am a transporter they get used all the time & I have not had any problems with either of them! You can get a 5000lb version in the same series. The 9000lb one is routinely on sale for $249.00. You can also get a wireless remote control for it for $39.95 sometimes on sale for $29.95. they both come with a 12ft wired remote

I was a Superwinch only guy for many years, but they priced themselves out of the market. I had a 5000lb one on the open trailer for  many years, when it finally crapped out I went to replace it with the same one & they wanted around $800.00 for it. That is when I gave Badlands a try for $249.00...Glad I did.

God bless
Bill Squires(owner)
Bill's Auto Works
YOUR QUALITY MOPAR TRANSPORTER SINCE 1983!