Main Menu

Mopar graveyard

Started by Challenger in NC, August 19, 2018, 02:28:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Challenger in NC

Hello All,

Found this salvage yard about an hour from my house-roughly 90% of inventory are Mopars. Pretty well picked over which is no surprise. I haven't walked a salvage yard since the mid 80's when I lived in California, it was a very relaxing and enjoyable experience. Most of the e-body cars were small blocks with a few big block B-bodies here and there. There was a 70 Grand Coupe Cuda with a fair number of parts on it including full dash and A/C parts. Also a slant 6 70 challenger with engine in tact I believe. 

Challenger in NC

more pics

Challenger in NC

70 Cuda

chargerdon

Hey, I live in Fuquay-Varina.    What is the address of this boneyard with all the mopars???? 

benlavigne

Wow, I had to look at the date of the post, are there really junkyards left with older Mopars that still have some parts left on them??? I spy vinyl top mouldings on a Challenger, etc...

Good find!

Ben

anlauto

Yea....WOW....tons of parts there :yes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ec_co

I need that air cleaner setup off that slant six challenger (actually the whole intake setup and the exhaust heat shield I spy)
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Challenger in NC

Here's the contact info

Address: 819 Batten Farm Rd, Selma, NC 27576
Phone: (919) 965-5405

Crocha617

Wow AC Vents, 70 Seats, Lots of good stuff there yet.

1Burgfish

:wrenching: Wow I just moved from South Mills, NC to Birmingham, AL. I searched for an old car salvage yard while I lived there and couldn't find one; CHALLENGER in NC does that yard have a name?  Thanks for posting your find I hope it helps fellow members get their projects moving along. :twothumbsup:

Challenger in NC

Quote from: 1Burgfish on August 22, 2018, 08:59:21 AM
:wrenching: Wow I just moved from South Mills, NC to Birmingham, AL. I searched for an old car salvage yard while I lived there and couldn't find one; CHALLENGER in NC does that yard have a name?  Thanks for posting your find I hope it helps fellow members get their projects moving along. :twothumbsup:

The salvage yard is called Billy West Racing Garage.

His obituary stated "Billy owned and operated Billy West Peedin's Garage for 48 years. He was a champion IHRA Drag Racer for 25 years under the name of Billy West. He was inducted into the East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame in 2002."

1Burgfish

:wrenching: Thank You Challenger in NC  :thankyou:  for a second there I thought that you found the one yard found by Hot Rod several years ago that had the totaled drag Cuda that Richard Petty crashed on the quarter mile when he took the short break from NASCAR; Hot Rod did a feature and said that the owner was a good friend of Richard Petty and that's how he got the car in his yard shortly after the crash. He collected a nice size collection of Mopars in his yard and most are complete not dismantled. Hot Rod never said where it was located except that it was not to far from the hills in NC.

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

I think this is where Brad visited too.  It's only 2  hrs from me.  I may have to go visit too.

Timbbuc2

By the pictures, I have seen a lot worse cars restored. Look up the address in google and you can see a satellite view of the salvage yard.
Get in, I'll drive

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER