Main Menu

1971 Plymouth Cuda 340 Shakerhood cars -vs-

Started by 74RallyeChally, October 15, 2018, 07:15:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

74RallyeChally

How many are in the registry as factory N96 Shakerhood equipped cars versus the standard hood?

What do you think the difference in value is between the two, all other things held as equal?

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama  :bigthumb:
N96 cars vary the Cudas are fairly common but a true N96 Chall is very rare as the hoods were not produced for close to 1/2 of 70 production

CudaMoparRay

anlauto

A fully restored 1971 340 cuda is worth $75K. If the car is equipped with N96 shaker hood from the factory it would be $95K. There isn't too many originals around :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

74RallyeChally

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 15, 2018, 07:25:19 PM
N96 cars vary the Cudas are fairly common but a true N96 Chall is very rare as the hoods were not produced for close to 1/2 of 70 production

Thank you for rolling out the welcome mat, Chryco Psycho.  I was doing some research last night on cars that sold publicly, and I could only find four, 1971 340 Shaker cars selling in the last 10 years.  Considering that auctions list about 40,000 cars a year, that is a tiny, tiny number. 

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 74RallyeChally on October 16, 2018, 09:24:57 AM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 15, 2018, 07:25:19 PM

Thank you for rolling out the welcome mat, Chryco Psycho.  I was doing some research last night on cars that sold publicly, and I could only find four, 1971 340 Shaker cars selling in the last 10 years.  Considering that auctions list about 40,000 cars a year, that is a tiny, tiny number.

Do more research... :alan2cents:

MONC

Quote from: anlauto on October 16, 2018, 03:57:49 AM
A fully restored 1971 340 cuda is worth $75K. If the car is equipped with N96 shaker hood from the factory it would be $95K. There isn't too many originals around :alan2cents:

Alan are you talking number's matching, original sheet metal car for that price w/ shaker?

anlauto

Quote from: MONC on October 25, 2018, 09:41:34 AM
Quote from: anlauto on October 16, 2018, 03:57:49 AM

Alan are you talking number's matching, original sheet metal car for that price w/ shaker?

Sure...all that plus a correct quality restoration.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

MONC

And what's your estimate if it's not matching numbers and not original sheet metal ?

anlauto

Original sheet metal doesn't really affect value if the rust repairs were done properly. Matching numbers is usually about 5-10%.
But these two things have a MAJOR effect on potential buyers....most people with the coin to buy a $95K car, want perfection, they want numbers matching original paneled cars....that's why they're considered "top dogs" and usually very hard to come by after 48 years.