Main Menu

71 m46 scoops

Started by kathyscuda, October 18, 2018, 02:48:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

That's a decent deal on a nice car to restore. :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

superdave

:unbelievable: Wow, from the pics that's about as solid of a start as I've seen in a while. Great project for someone. :popcorn:

RUNCHARGER

Darn: That's a great looking car in the right colour. Just the wrong trans, engine and HVAC for me.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

You got me.

My first thought was that this was a bh with M46 in 71.  I'm kinda freakin out for a few seconds waiting for the page to load!

Nice ride for sure!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

xx88man

Quote from: cuda hunter on October 18, 2018, 07:43:11 AM
You got me.

My first thought was that this was a bh with M46 in 71.  I'm kinda freakin out for a few seconds waiting for the page to load!

Nice ride for sure!

Obviously normal scoops for a '71 R/T
Keep yer foot in it

GY3R/T

No M46 on 1971 Challengers.   Simulated air scoop or " Quarter outside louver" standard on 1971 Challenger R/T.

anlauto

...not everybody knows all the codes.....I agree I think the auto and the AC are killers on this one....I really like 71 Challenger R/T's too :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

318Stroker

What's up with the interior? Ad claims houndstooth buckets, but the pic shows what looks to be the correct 71 vinyl back seat.

anlauto

Yup...I think he's mistaken there....I would like to see the fender tag or sheet...

kathyscuda

I was waiting for cuda hunter to freak out.

nsmall

I was freakin out on behalf of cuda hunter.  I just scrolled really fast to see his name on this thread.

RUNCHARGER

It looks like a normal interior. This is my first Challenger and it DID have the cloth interior. I wished it had been a better car. Funny story though, I remember powershifting 2nd in it and the car got loud all of a sudden. I got out and went back looking for the muffler laying on the road. I didn't find it on the road but walking back to the car I did see that the front edge of the ejected muffler had caught the road and that catapulted it into the rusty trunk.
Sheldon

GY3R/T

:haha: :haha:   A muffler loop would've prevented that... :pokeeye:   :D

340challconvert

Overall looks like a good deal on a 71 RT in a popular color! :takemymoney:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible