Main Menu

Headlight Help

Started by ToxicWolf, December 11, 2018, 07:24:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ToxicWolf

I know this is going to sound really dumb, but I'm getting old.  1970 Challenger, Rallye dash.  Turn switch up one notch and running lights on. Up one more notch brights are on. How to I just switch on the headlights without the second set of bright lights.  I told you it was dumb.  :bricks:

EDL94

There should be a dimmer switch on the floor kick it with your left foot to dim the lights.

Cudakiller70

If stock should be a silver button on floor by kick panel under ebrake.

Chryco Psycho

Often that switch is corroded & jammed sometimes it will free up with penetrating oil often it won't

ToxicWolf

Thank you all. I found it.   :banana:  :banana:

Chryco Psycho

:twothumbsup: I wonder how long it would take millenials to figure that out  :thinking:

Rdchallenger

Apparently I'm considered a millennial (1987)... took me 0 minutes to know that. Also my truck I drive has the foot switch as well  8)

Chryco Psycho

My apologies , I think of millennials as late 90s up  :notsure:

ToxicWolf

That's where they always were when I was growing up.  Can't believe I didn't remember that.  :Thud:

Cudakiller70

Chryco Psycho

Dumb place for them , you get all the snow & ice off the bottom of your boots on them & the freeze & corrode , much better on the column .
Trying to remember what year it switched to the column probably mid to late 70s , around 45 years ago !!

303 Mopar

Here's a proposed solution....

Rdchallenger

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 11, 2018, 09:05:06 PM
My apologies , I think of millennials as late 90s up  :notsure:

Trust me, I hate that I'm grouped in with them too  :barf: :haha:

RUNCHARGER

At least you didn't cry, ask someone to change it for you and you weren't offended by it.
Sheldon

Rich G.

At least you didn't rip the turn signal handle off trying to turn them off. I have a round knob on the dash of my Ram to put it in gear and for years I still can't get use to it!