Main Menu

1970 Barracuda Dash Pad - Original steel vs ABS (Plastic) backing

Started by soccernut43, March 22, 2019, 05:41:34 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1badfish

Quote from: anlauto on June 18, 2020, 03:45:07 PM
Quote from: 1badfish on June 18, 2020, 12:22:18 PM
Hey Alan, if a new dash was installed (Classic Industries) and those rivets weren't used, is it hard to change to the correct factory style rivet after the pad has been installed? I'm assuming remove the windshield or remove the pad? Thanks!

Yea...safe to assume the windshield will be in the way :headbang:

Haha that's what I figured unfortunately. I still have the original steel core dash so may actually have it redone also swap it some day. I'm not a huge fan of how the owner cleaned up the tag and used the wrong rivets though.

anlauto

Quote from: 1badfish on June 20, 2020, 06:59:34 AM
Hey Alan, if a new dash was installed (Classic Industries) and those rivets weren't used, is it hard to change to the correct factory style rivet after the pad has been installed? I'm assuming remove the windshield or remove the pad? Thanks!

Haha that's what I figured unfortunately. I still have the original steel core dash so may actually have it redone also swap it some day. I'm not a huge fan of how the owner cleaned up the tag and used the wrong rivets though.

Yea that is U G L Y ....you ugly ...you ugly
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1badfish

Quote from: anlauto on June 20, 2020, 07:05:10 AM
Quote from: 1badfish on June 20, 2020, 06:59:34 AM

Yea that is U G L Y ....you ugly ...you ugly

Is it possible to get a new Vin tag if I were to go through the work to install the correct rivets?

Marty

A.G Backeast made me a new VIN tag. It came with the rivets. Mine was missing altogether so I had to prove the VIN matched the Barracuda which was no problem.  It ran me $350 which was fine with me.

69BFan

The dash pads that Bob Baker provides from ABC Moparts are nice.  I have sold seven of them and the customers were pleased.  The grain pattern is not 100%, but at 95%, much better than some of the other reproductions.  He will only use rust free cores with good studs as a rusty core will not allow the foam inner liner to adhere properly.  He has in years past came to Carlisle and sets up with us at the Nats.  Give him a call and I am sure that he will be able to take care of your needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.