Main Menu

1970 Challenger accessory floor mats

Started by benlavigne, November 03, 2018, 07:05:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

benlavigne

My car has C92 ACCESS RBR FLR MATS 4 listed on the equipment list....
Anyone knows what these mats looked like? Are they reproduced?

Thanks!

Ben

6bblgt

pretty generic looking - on the left in the top pic

6bblgt

I have a pair of "gold" rears
if you find more than 1 set of black ones, I could use a set :fingerscrossed:

anlauto

The closest I've found were over the counter parts ones that looked very similar but had the Chrysler emblem on the front side. I sold them with the Barrelcuda  :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

benlavigne

Thanks @anlauto , @6bblgt
I'll keep my eyes open at local swap meets, I guess any that would show up in Carlisle would be picked up quickly...
Were they produced for a good number of years?

Ben

anlauto

The set I bought came from a guy on Moparts I believe...other than that I've never seen another set for sale in 35+ years. Good luck :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

bpsmopar

I believe they are reproduced. I bought a set a few years ago. I think they came from Legendary Interiors.

anlauto

Yes there is (or was) a reproduction rubber floor mat available, not sure that it's accurate though... :alan2cents:

benlavigne

Well, if I'm gonna put ugly mats in my car, I'll wait to get real ones if I can...  :dunno:

Ben

bpsmopar

Quote from: anlauto on November 04, 2018, 02:03:09 PM
Yes there is (or was) a reproduction rubber floor mat available, not sure that it's accurate though... :alan2cents:

The ones I received were the same pattern that went into all Chrysler products through the 70s.
I put many a set into them from 72 though 80 when the cars were new.

benlavigne

Legendary has them listed for A-Bodies only...
I guess they were probably universal when new...

Ben

Topcat

Roseville Moparts sells some really nice Carpet one's with the name embossed. Cuda or Challenger.

Alot of members here get those.

71vert340

benlavigne

Quote from: Topcat on November 04, 2018, 03:25:35 PM
Roseville Moparts sells some really nice Carpet one's with the name embossed. Cuda or Challenger.

Alot of members here get those.

I will get a nice set of carpet ones to drive around, but the idea is to get a set of the ones that were originally in the car for shows...
So it would be like getting mats to protect the mats!  :looney:
Ben

anlauto

Quote from: 71vert340 on November 04, 2018, 05:48:55 PM
Sure look the same on Legendary web site as the originals shown above.
https://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/product/70-76-a-body-76-80-f-body-original-floormats-black/
Terry

Oh WOW...those look awesome, not at all the ones I was thinking of.....I'm going to have to buy some of those :clapping: