Main Menu

1970 Challenger door moisture barrier.

Started by 750-h2, July 06, 2018, 06:08:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

750-h2

Would someone be able to post a picture of the plastic moisture barriers as installed from the factory on the doors and 1/4's of an E body. Thanks !

70/6chall

If your looking to buy door moisture barriers you could try Performance Car Graphics. I found their website with barriers.  Thanks,   Al

750-h2

I plan on cutting my own. I already bought the proper adhesive ribbon from Detroit Muscle. E body door panels are not flat like B and A body door panels so I think the vapour barriers on E bodies should have quite a few more cut outs?

RUNCHARGER

Ah: Pretty much the normal for handles, remote cable and such. The actual inside door frame is quite flat.
Sheldon

Claudia

Here are a couple of pictures of my '71 moisture / vapor barrier panels installed.  Mine are not factory installed but I purchased reproductions and installed them myself.  If I had it to do over again, I would have just made my own as the only cutouts on the pieces were for the window cranks and interior door handles and those all had to be modified to fit correctly anyway.

750-h2

anlauto

I've never seen the dumdum chalking used on the doors of an E Body :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration