Main Menu

1970 Challenger New Reproduction Parts

Started by kent_goins, June 07, 2019, 08:24:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kent_goins

Just a reminder to everyone on the board that Bill Edwards of Upholstery Mods and More and I are reproducing the 1970 Seat Belt Retainer Clips per my pic below. Contact Bill for purchase as i only create the plastic and Bill adds the backing plate with special rivets to each. If anyone else has a need for hard to find parts or unobtanium parts for your mopar. Let me know and i will see what i can come up with. I am currently working on those hard to find butterfly clips for the A63 top of door Belt Mouldings to be made from spring steel. As a manufacturing engineer and solid modeling guy, i enjoy these challenges (no pun intended). Let me know if you have a need or cannot find a part and i will see if i can come up with a solution.

Kent G.

Cuda Cody

WOW!!!  That is a rare part and it looks amazing.  Nice job!  :clapping:

benlavigne

Tha ks for your work on these, Kent!
Mine are already installed, they look and work great.

Ben

kent_goins

Thanks guys....i enjoy this kind of work and appreciate your kind words.

KG

packnsix

Can someone show where these were mounted? I have never seen a set actually in a car.

anlauto

I have a picture of the rears...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

Those do look really nice. Though not original on any of my E bodies, I still wouldn't mind adding them. What is the double one for?

anlauto

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on June 07, 2019, 12:20:59 PM
Those do look really nice. Though not original on any of my E bodies, I still wouldn't mind adding them. What is the double one for?

One of the doubles on each front bucket seat :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

benlavigne

Front ones, I still had the original ones...
Driver's side is useful, you can leave the shoulder belt attached if you don't use it.
On passenge side, the bracket is also close to the console, so if you leave the belts attached, the passenger sits on them...
Still a good conversation-starter!

Ben

kent_goins

To All:
for inquiries on cost of singles, doubles or otherwise...Contact Bill Edwards at Upholstery Mods and More in Spanaway, Wa. He has a website...

KG