Main Menu

1970 rear view mirror

Started by RJChallenger, July 31, 2018, 05:29:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

The convert was different for sure , I missed the chrome vs plastic tab for day night though

Brads70

I might be wrong but here are some pictures to show what I believe to be right? Maybe there was a "standard" mirror and then a "day night" mirror as an upgrade. But as far as I know the 70-71 has the rib design and the 72-74 does not as well as not having the visor clip in mounts

70-71    https://www.classicindustries.com/product/md7125.html

72-74   https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1973/dodge/challenger/parts/mf1755.html

Aar1064

Quote from: anlauto on July 31, 2018, 04:54:50 PM
I just picked up a beautiful reproduction of the 1970 Day/Night mirror......Can not believe the parts they're coming out with these days... :banana:

Would you mind posting a picture or two? Particularly the Day/Night font. My glass has separated and looks pretty rough around the edge.  :'(

Sir Keppa

Would the mirror base allways be painted in silver?
I have the ribbed style day/night mirror in my 70 Challenger R/T but the base is painted black. My headliner is black as well.
Global is the new local!

anlauto

Quote from: Sir Keppa on December 09, 2018, 09:47:32 AM
Would the mirror base allways be painted in silver?
I have the ribbed style day/night mirror in my 70 Challenger R/T but the base is painted black. My headliner is black as well.

NO, never black in 1970-71, always a dull aluminum colour. Does your mirror have the two slots to support the sun visors ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Sir Keppa

Yes, it has them but the visors wont stay very well in there.
Global is the new local!

Brads70

Quote from: Sir Keppa on December 09, 2018, 11:37:51 AM
Yes, it has them but the visors wont stay very well in there.

The end of the visor should have rubber knobs at the ends. Does your have them? If not they will be loose/ won't stay in.

Sir Keppa

I removed the old brittle knobs and installed repops.
Maybe I have to bend the slots a bit.
Global is the new local!