Main Menu

1971 Challenger Convertible Window Felts /Fuzzies

Started by Daveh, February 15, 2020, 06:54:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey guys,

I ready to put on the window felts / fuzzies in the doors of my 71 Challenger.  I bought the Top Catwhiskers from Dave at Roseville.  I've put these on Chevy's lots of times and they just pop right in.  These line up with the holes in the door but the holes are too small for the clips.  What am I missing? 

I bought part # 200101 and they are for a 71 convertible.  The doors are original to the car.  Do I just need more force?  If so what do you suggest I use to get them in?  Thanks for your help.

Dave

cudaize

The outer fuzzies on my 71 cuda convertibles are attached with screws.  I assume the 71 Challengers are the same.

Daveh

Does anyone know where I can just get the 2 door felts with the screws?  I don't want to spend $180.00 for a whole kit when I won't use them all the others are fine. 

71vert340

Just for information, the type of cat whisker fuzzies your Challenger takes could depend on when it was built. My Dec 1970 build convertible has the clip on type cat whisker outer seal strips. My 71 hardtop has the screw in kind. See photo of the originals on my convertible. Time to replace them.
Terry

Daveh

I agree my holes are way too small for my felts to fit into.  I need to find a set where I can buy just the doors.  I did find a set of  4 which included the door and back window for a $100.00 including the screws.  That will probably be my best bet.

cudaize

Quote from: Daveh on February 16, 2020, 12:54:12 PM
I did find a set of  4 which included the door and back window for a $100.00 including the screws.  That will probably be my best bet.

Keep in mind there are different qualities of the fuzzies out there.  Some of the very first ones made were just a straight piece snipped to fit the curvature.  I've had mine for 15+ years so I don't know where or which are currently the best to buy.

71vert340

Because of the varying quality of the fuzzies, I've hesitated ordering and replacing the originals on my convertible. The ones I put on the 71 hardtop were the ones that were cut to form to the door top edge curvature. If Roseville is selling them, then they're probably the best available. I need to replace mine. Anyone have recommendations for us on here?
Terry

Daveh

Like I said in my original post I have the Top Catwhiskers from Dave at Roseville.  Although I got them about 8 years ago.  Dave is checking to see if he can get me the others hopefully without purchasing the set of 8.