Main Menu

3-Point Front Belts - Cinching Lap Portion?

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, February 23, 2020, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

I am looking to retrofit my 72 with 3-point front belts, I'd prefer aftermarket that have a more modern inertia reel.

Problem is, I'd like to find a buckle that acts like my factory 1976 Warlock belts. I'd like the lap to stay cinched tight while the shoulder portion works off of the reel. Anyone aware of such a thing? I prefer it this way because I feel the loose lap allows for too much slack in the event of a lock-up, there's no pretensioner [like a new car] to suck up the slack.

I contacted these guys, they say that their belt does not function in that way.
https://www.wescoperformance.com/long-sash-seat-belt-starburst.html#_ga=2.217548117.2122955415.1582466088-35298293.1582466088

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

dodj

I bought 3 pt belts from XV. I like them very much but I don't recall if they cinch up like you want. I can check tonight though if you like.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

GoodysGotaCuda

I ended up buying Morris belts and they do cinch on the bottom. Their setup seems pretty nice so far, one side is roughed in.

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

headejm

@GoodysGotaCuda  I wonder if you own the only E-body in America with two car seats in the back? Pretty neat!  :ohyeah:

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: headejm on March 07, 2020, 08:19:28 AM
@GoodysGotaCuda  I wonder if you own the only E-body in America with two car seats in the back? Pretty neat!  :ohyeah:

I take my 4 and 2 year olds in it at least once a week when the weather isn't rainy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

70/6chall

Years ago when driving my Challenger as a daily driver, I started feeling a little self conscience about safety and convenience, and tiring of hooking up 2 belts. So while traveling through one of the local U-Pick yards, I found 2 '74 Challengers. I pulled all of the seat belts and hardware from both cars figuring between the 2 cars I could put together a perfect functioning seat belt system. After laying down $60.00 for everything, got home cleaned it all up, ended up with a great factory 3-point belt system with the deluxe push button buckles and integrated belts. Been in the car ever since and never looked back.  Thanks,   Al