Main Menu

3 speaker dash question

Started by Yeya93, October 22, 2021, 09:00:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Yeya93

I started working on restoring my 3 speaker dash. I had the pad restored last year. Now i am getting to restoring and putting my dash together. i just barely realized that the same pad i bought from someone came with 2 Right side speaker grills. is there a major difference between the L and R, or would it be okay to have two of the same side and fits okay?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Dakota

The L and R version have different shapes, so as far as I know they are not interchangeable.   

It turns out that I have a L version sitting in a box all by its lonesome.   It will need to be cleaned up and painted, but it's all there.  PM me your address and I'll send it to you. 

I have an original 3 speaker dash from a 72 Cuda and it has 2 right speakers as well. On another site there was a discussion about some production cars that had 2 left's and some had 2 right's. I don't think it's noticeable when it's installed in the car.

anlauto

:iagree: I wouldn't lose sleep over it, I've found lots that were mix matched. Especially with the reproduction pads (if you're using one) I doubt you'll notice any issues  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Yeya93

thanks fellas! Dakota is willing to provide me with the L side. it gives me a peace of mind i suppose. haha well appreciated!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

MOPAR MITCH

Just adding to this thread...

Are there different speaker grilles for a '70 Challenger dash... vs 71-74, as well as BCuda pads?

Helping a friend to get, at least, the two outer speaker grilles for his newly acquired mint condition '70 Challenger dash pad.   

Concours isn't an issue... just that they be nice and fit.... he has the center grille from his previous dash pad (which was only a center speaker pad).