Main Menu

1973-1974 Front Window Roller Installation Pics

Started by Dmod1974, October 29, 2022, 06:52:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Dmod1974

I bought a complete window hardware kit, and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out where it all goes. My old stuff was installed as follows : roller, dished washer, gasket, rubber sleeve in front of glass, plastic covered threaded washer on backside of glass.

My new kit has the rollers which look the same, but it also has these translucent plastic retainer clips that snap into the threaded washers. I'm not sure where these go or how it all is installed because if the retainer is on the roller side of the glass it gets in the way of the dished washer and gasket. If I flip it around, then the threaded washer would make it pointless to use the dished washer and gasket to protect the glass. The earlier year hardware has been beat to death, but there is very little info for the later years. The FSM picture is poor at best, and doesn't seem to match the kit parts or the way I took it apart. So I don't know if what I took apart was correct either. If anybody knows exactly how this all goes in I'd really appreciate some guidance!

anlauto

The white one clips into the yellow one and becomes the retainer for the front screw of the vertical track at the bottom of the glass...that's all I got
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration