Main Menu

70 Challenger R/T Coachman or Regal Inserts

Started by ksierens, January 22, 2018, 04:23:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ksierens

Getting a price from Dave on the covers for my car, and he asked which inserts I wanted. The bolsters are Coachman, so I guess I would be inclined to get the same insert, but I wanted to get others opinions first, and yes, I am sure this is going to open a whole new can of worms.

Is it really that noticeable between the two?  My original seats had velour inserts put into them long ago, so I have no idea what was in the originals, and I don't have enough of the build sheet to tell either.
1970 Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack 4 Speed Dana 3.54

Cuda Cody

It's kinda hard to even tell them apart.  I wish I knew the answer as what is correct, but I think they did it both ways originally.

Cuda Cody

Here's a 1970 Challenger bucket seats.  You tell me is it is Coachman or Regal insert and skirt?   :notsure:

Jim AAR

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 22, 2018, 04:31:41 PM
Here's a 1970 Challenger bucket seats.  You tell me is it is Coachman or Regal insert and skirt?   :notsure:

Not sure if that's regal, but the Coachman look like the attached pic.

Jim AAR

Sorry that's for a Cuda, Here is a pic from Legendary for Challenger. Do you have the original Back seats? If, so I would get the same.

1 Wild R/T

I'd get the coachman grain... The regal grain is so light that after a few years of use (assuming you actually drive your car :pokeeye:) the grain winds up looking smooth....

ksierens

Thanks guys, I ended up going with the Coachman grain, and bought it through Dave at Roseville.  :twothumbsup:
1970 Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack 4 Speed Dana 3.54