Main Menu

70 Challenger RTSE Seat Belts

Started by SeventyTX9RTRag, October 27, 2019, 08:45:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

SeventyTX9RTRag

Regarding an early build 70 RTSE, was there a situation where the shoulder belts were not factory installed?

autoxcuda

Quote from: SeventyTX9RTRag on October 27, 2019, 08:45:20 AM
Regarding an early build 70 RTSE, was there a situation where the shoulder belts were not factory installed?

Nope
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

This is the first I've heard of this....seems highly unlikely  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

The other thing is those bolts do a big job of holding up the SE headliner, as well as being govt. mandated.......
Sheldon

SeventyTX9RTRag

Brads70

Reading this post....This never occurred to me before but I'd assume the convertible just had lap belts then , no shoulder belts?  Are convertible lap belts unique? Like do they have the tab/cutouts for the shoulder belts?

Chryco Psycho

Mine is Sept 02 build & has the shoulder belts .
I have never owned a convert but yes there were no shoulder belts

YYZ

The convertibles just have a single belt for the front seats instead of the double belt that the hard tops have.

Front shoulder belts were an option for E-bodies and are incredibly rare.  I believe that one member here has a '70 ragtop with the shoulder belts.