Main Menu

Seat brackets

Started by dave73, June 21, 2017, 07:00:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

I have a set of 04 gto seats mounted to the stock seat brackets but I'm not loving it. My stock seat brackets were in rough shape and won't lock into place. As you can imagine, that's not very safe. Does anyone have recommendations for aftermarket seat brackets that I can mount to my gto seats? I don't want to do any floor modifications or anything like that.

If I can't find a bolt in solution for the above, I'm leaning towards putting my stock seats back in and have them re-foamed and covered for better comfort. If I go this route, where can I get a new set of seat brackets?

dave73

I just looked on yearone and saw a seat bracket set for $400  :unbelievable: On second thought, maybe i'll try to fix what I have...

Cuda Cody

@MoparDave  sells new seat brackets. 

Post a photo of yours if you can.  Sometime the springs are missing and that makes them hard to lock back in.  You can rebuild your old ones too.

Burdar

On a 73, only the outer tracks actually lock.  The inside track is free to slide all the time.  You should be able to clean yours up and get the outer tracks to lock like they should.  You could also look for some earlier style tracks that lock on both sides.