Main Menu

71 Challenger Door Lock Cylinder Retainer

Started by Daveh, February 24, 2018, 07:46:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey guys,

I'm putting my door handles and locks together to install into the Challenger and realized that I don't have the retainer that holds the cylinder in on bother sides.  I think this is the correct picture of them below.  I have to believe that there is a lot out there but maybe I'm looking them up wrong and don't know what the exact name is.  Does anyone have the retainer that screws to the back of the door handle that holds in the lock cylinder or let me know where I can get them? 

If that isn't what holds the cylinder in please let me know what does?  Thanks

Dave

1 Wild R/T

You have the right part... I haven't seen any repos.... Someone should have them...

anlauto

I agree, never seen them in reproduction, you were supposed to re-use your originals, a lot of people toss the handles without removing them. Look up any of the vendors selling used parts on EBay and send them a message, you never know, you might get lucky.... Like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RIGHT-DOOR-KEY-LOCK-CYLINDER-RETAINER-70-74-AAR-CUDA-CHALLENGER-T-A-R-T-SE-MOPAR/122605484914?hash=item1c8bdb3b72:g:BO0AAOSwEzxYazsu&vxp=mtr
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Solarguy

Come to the Mopar show next Sunday down in Davie at University Dodge.  I'm sure you can find a cheap set of beat up handles to raid them from. 

Daveh

Plumcrazzy

If you don't find any locally---let me know--I have several sets of handles/locks, etc. Can probably help you out. PM needs.

Claudia

If I remember correctly, there is a left hand and a right hand retainer.  :thinking:

Daveh

You are correct.  I found some locally.  Thanks guys.