Main Menu

71 Challenger Heater A/C Box Vacuum Line Question With Pictures

Started by Daveh, January 25, 2018, 08:15:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey guys,

I just completed rebuilding my A/C heater box.  It turned out great.  I labeled all of the lines and all went as planned with no issues.  However one line that wasn't hooked up to anything when I took it apart is in the pictures below.  It's the vacuum line that has that little white thing closest to the harness where it attaches to the back of the controls.  It also has a piece of plastic sticking out of the end like some type of reducer.

Does anyone know where that line goes?

What is that white thing and what does it do?

Thanks

Dave

1 Wild R/T

The little plastic thing is a one way check valve.. That line goes through the firewall & attaches to a vacuum fitting on the intake....

Daveh

Great to know.  Can someone she me a picture of theirs so I can see how to do it?  Thanks

1 Wild R/T

Hows this... Look below the cutout for the blower motor

Daveh

Awesome thanks.  Now where do I get one of those guys? 

blown motor

Can you work off of that vacuum port on the bottom of the carb? I need to get mine hooked up too.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Daveh

Where are the other 2 vacuum lines going in that picture? 

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Daveh on January 25, 2018, 12:47:18 PM
Where are the other 2 vacuum lines going in that picture?

Big hose is for the power brakes... 1/4" hose might be for headlight doors on a 69 Charger?

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: blown motor on January 25, 2018, 12:39:01 PM
Can you work off of that vacuum port on the bottom of the carb? I need to get mine hooked up too.

Depends, it needs for manifold vacuum, not ported, need to test the port & see what it does..

Daveh

Just WOW  :bigmoney:  .  If anyone has one to spare please let me know.  Thanks

Dave

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Daveh on January 25, 2018, 03:28:41 PM

Dave

If by chance there is a pick/pull parts yard that has older cars, you might be able to score one from an old c body.  :alan2cents:

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on January 25, 2018, 03:47:16 PM
Quote from: Daveh on January 25, 2018, 03:28:41 PM

Dave

If by chance there is a pick/pull parts yard that has older cars, you might be able to score one from an old c body.  :alan2cents:

Or a truck/van.... I use to pick them up all the time, I've given away dozens... Now I realize I should have held out for the big $$$....

Daveh

Unfortunately no old yards down near me.  One about an hour away but they move the inventory every 4 weeks or it gets scrapped.  Cars don't sit like when we were kids anymore.

Thanks