Main Menu

'71 Cuda Bucket Seats

Started by Claudia, October 29, 2018, 05:23:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Claudia

Can anyone confirm the listing wire installation for the bucket seats?  I currently have the standard '71 Cuda front seat covers.  I also have two short wires (10") and four longer wires (19").  I am not sure of the number of wires or the lengths that I should have.  I am also not sure of the installation procedure that should be followed so any help would be appreciated . . .  :clueless:

HEMICUDA

Wad up all you seats and covers, I'll do them for you and it will only cost you a set of horns.  :D

Claudia

@HEMICUDA funny guy!  I actually like doing things myself . . . at least the things that I can!  I have already completed my back seats which weren't too bad to do.  I just need to understand how the listing wires should be installed on the front seats.  My horns work great and I would hate to part with them now as we have a history together!  :rofl: Plus they are already installed and look great!  :haha:

Claudia

My guess would be that one listing wire will get installed into the loop sewn on the underside of the seat cover (black batting circled below in red) and then push that wire and seat cover down through the slit opening in my seat foam (picture attached) and then hog ring the wire in the seat cover to the wire that is in the bottom of my seat foam???  Can anyone confirm if this is correct?  :dunno:

Claudia

anlauto

I'm not sure what's hard to figure out ? the short is obvious for the bottom and the long for the top  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Claudia

@anlauto I don't think that it is hard to figure out, however we are not all as well versed as yourself.  Even my less than stellar self can conclude that the short is obviously for the bottom and the long for the top . . . I am simply trying to figure out the correct installation procedure.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: anlauto on October 30, 2018, 06:43:23 AM
I'm not sure what's hard to figure out ? the short is obvious for the bottom and the long for the top  :dunno:

Surly with all the cars "you've" restored and your wealth of talent and expertise, you can easily identify anything on an ebody seat?  Wait a minute, I forgot, you don't do interiors either, my bad.  Yea, I'm sorry, that was a dig.

anlauto

Quote from: HEMICUDA on October 30, 2018, 08:43:14 AM

Surly with all the cars "you've" restored and your wealth of talent and expertise, you can easily identify anything on an ebody seat?  Wait a minute, I forgot, you don't do interiors either, my bad.  Yea, I'm sorry, that was a dig.

HEMICUDA You're the best !   Your Mommy & Daddy must be so proud !  You should start your own thread telling us how GREAT your are  :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

HEMICUDA

Quote from: anlauto on October 30, 2018, 09:02:12 AM

HEMICUDA You're the best !   Your Mommy & Daddy must be so proud !  You should start your own thread telling us how GREAT your are  :worship:

Do we have to have the same conversation at the next car show I see you at about your cyber balls?  It was amazing how small they got with me in front of you the last time.  If having the talent and facilities to do all our own body/paint, interiors, drive lines and the "real" ability to do OE style work offends you, to bad.  Lets cut to the chase, yes, you are the rattle can master and don't do not much aside of being a really great project manager and assembler.  Do not compare yourself to "real" restoration shops, you're not even remotely close in your wife's 2 car garage.

anlauto

Quote from: HEMICUDA on October 30, 2018, 09:30:25 AM
Quote from: anlauto on October 30, 2018, 09:02:12 AM

Do we have to have the same conversation at the next car show I see you at about your cyber balls?  It was amazing how small they got with me in front of you the last time.  If having the talent and facilities to do all our own body/paint, interiors, drive lines and the "real" ability to do OE style work offends you, to bad.  Lets cut to the chase, yes, you are the rattle can master and don't do not much aside of being a really great project manager and assembler.  Do not compare yourself to "real" restoration shops, you're not even remotely close in your wife's 2 car garage.

That's a nice start, but you really need to put together your own thread ...You're GREAT ! :perfect10:

Claudia

Thus far, I have only been able to find a couple of pictures from a '73 Challenger seat cover installation.  Obviously the foam and covers are different, however it appeared that the listing wires were installed in the seat covers and then those listing wires were hog ringed to the listing wires that were molded into the seat foam.  I am still looking for confirmation from someone here whom has installed these '71 Cuda specific seat covers . . .  :clueless:

larry4406

Not much help here.

Several years back on either Moparts or CC, there was a thread on a 71 Sassy Grass Green cuda the owner was restoring.  He converted standard buckets into leather ones.  From memory he had some detailed pictures on the upholstery process and seat foam differences.  I think his screen name was something "Joe's".  Ultimately I recall he sold the car and that was the end of thread.  I have spent some time just now searching my hard disk and the net to no avail.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: HEMICUDA on October 29, 2018, 05:29:59 AM
Wad up all you seats and covers, I'll do them for you and it will only cost you a set of horns.  :D

This comment was a joke between us because no one on here, especially any knuckle head up north that think he's know everything, knows our history when you where here.  Since your wife was so nice, I would love to share our talents with you and show you how to recover those seats for you no charge.  You have my number, just call me.

Claudia

Mike,

Yes, I know and appreciate the offer.