Main Menu

71 R/T Challenger wood grain on automatic console

Started by MatchlessIndian, February 22, 2020, 09:02:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MatchlessIndian

Wood grain on my car console looks kind of rough and so I figured I'd ask if the vinyl wood grain deal for an automatic would be the way to go. All the other wood looks good though. What do you guys think? I'd like to keep my original insert but if you guys say the vinyl is not the way Ill look for a replacement instead.

Brads70

I replaced both the door panels and the console so I can't speak to how well it matches but be aware there are 2 different grains/colours  , 1970 being the one year deal.

MatchlessIndian

Quote from: Brads70 on February 22, 2020, 09:09:13 AM
I replaced both the door panels and the console so I can't speak to how well it matches but be aware there are 2 different grains/colours  , 1970 being the one year deal.

Thanks so much! Mine are 71 and the production was later in the year so I guess I'll have to do the door panels to match. The previous owner also replaced the shifter at some point so I'll have to buy one of the T handles as well.

anlauto

Detroit Muscle Technologies  DMT for short makes the best aftermarket woodgrain  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MatchlessIndian

Quote from: anlauto on February 22, 2020, 10:59:47 AM
Detroit Muscle Technologies  DMT for short makes the best aftermarket woodgrain  :alan2cents:
I will check them out thanks for the tip!

Brads70

MoparDave

your better off if the chrome is good to replace the decal. we do sell them. just need to know year, 4 or 5 hole.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/