Main Menu

73 Cuda sail panels, who makes THE BEST

Started by Crash520, April 01, 2017, 02:11:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Crash520

Team,
I've just removed my original sail panels from my 73 Cuda, whilst these are in OK condition they aren't great, so, who sells the most closest to OEM in black non perforated sail panels??
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

Cuda Cody

anlauto

There's only one company that manufactures the "best" quality interior parts.
Legendary Auto Interiors  :bradsthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crash520

Thanks guys,
I've sent them an email asking for actual photo's as the web site didn't have them. Ref headliner for the 73, I purchased an OEM correct liner from SMS  up in Canby OR.  https://www.smsautofabrics.com/request-samples.php, they actually sent me a sample first all the way out here, the replacement unit they made for me is spot on and matches the 73 Cuda OEM piece perfectly, I don't know of anyone else who does the 73 specific.
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

anlauto

Then why wouldn't you have bought extra material and recover your original panels ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Crash520

on the 73 the headliner is like a corded material and the sail panels have a smooth semi gloss vinyl covering, also the backing boards are a little out of shape, not bad but and could probably be steam pressed a little possibly but the black vinyl covering is hard and funky
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

Cuda Cody

That place is about 40 minutes from my house.  They have a lot of rare fabrics.  I heard they still had an original gator grain roll.  They wanted  :bigmoney:

Quote from: Crash520 on April 01, 2017, 02:36:57 PM
Thanks guys,
I've sent them an email asking for actual photo's as the web site didn't have them. Ref headliner for the 73, I purchased an OEM correct liner from SMS  up in Canby OR.  https://www.smsautofabrics.com/request-samples.php, they actually sent me a sample first all the way out here, the replacement unit they made for me is spot on and matches the 73 Cuda OEM piece perfectly, I don't know of anyone else who does the 73 specific.

anlauto

Quote from: Crash520 on April 01, 2017, 02:55:48 PM
on the 73 the headliner is like a corded material and the sail panels have a smooth semi gloss vinyl covering, also the backing boards are a little out of shape, not bad but and could probably be steam pressed a little possibly but the black vinyl covering is hard and funky

That doesn't sound original to me, however I haven't played with a lot of 73's :alan2cents:

Crash520

100% guarantee Allen, this car hasnt been touched at all, apart from some noofty shooting it with gunmetal grey. as for the interior and mechanics, completely untouched, still had 72 date coded mufflers!! heater hoses are original. I have no reason to doubt it in any way shape or form
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

cataclysm80

Do you have a picture?   That would be interesting to see.

Actually, if the car is very original, it might be neat to see lots of pictures of other stuff also.

Crash520

Well, been trying to send pics but no go, am working on it guys
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

Crash520

some of the headliner
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

Crash520

Greg
Brisbane
Australia

Crash520

I dont have a good one of the sail panel right now, will get a better one over the weekend
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

cataclysm80

Cool pics, I look forward to seeing more. :)