Main Menu

AC Heater vacuum Hose Source

Started by Aloha Randy, April 24, 2022, 12:16:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Aloha Randy

Looking for a single hose from the HVAC control that goes thru firewall to carb vacuum source. At this point I have not found a vendor that has any AC / Heater vacuum hoses. Thanks for any help.

anlauto

Wouldn't our local auto parts place have vacuum hose by the roll ? It's just regular vacuum hose :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Aloha Randy

They have 2 sizes down here and neither is small enough. The vacuum dash pots have a 3.5 mm inlet tube and the vacuum house is 5.3 mm OD in which the firewall plug opening is. I could enlarge the firewall plug but the ID is still hard to find. Checked with Tony's, Dante's and Classic. Classic has a B bod set which is out of stock and cost is $144. ! The closest hose is window washer but I am not sure how it would hold up to vacuum.

69BFan

@Aloha Randy, could you provide the inside diameter of the vacuum hose that your looking for?  Is there two different sizes of the hoses that is required for the vacuum lines?  Alan, @anlauto, you provided me one of the vacuum hose kits probably back in 2017-18 at Carlisle?  We were hoping to duplicate the vacuum hose kit, but there is a small vacuum port that we have not been able to source.  We provide the 66 to 70 B-Bodies AC/Heater control vacuum kits to the various vendors, so quite possibly that the hose diameters are the same, if so, we could sell you the correct hose.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

headejm

FWIW - the OD of the hose on my car is 0.245". I believe it to be the original 1970 hose. The hose has 2 ribs, 180 degrees apart. The ID of the hose has to fit the fitting in the intake manifold. I could provide photos if required.

Aloha Randy

69BFan, attached are the photos I just took. I will try to explain what the photos are.
#1 HVAC control module that all hoses hook to with a consolidated plug. Hoses as you know are color coded and the supply hose is black with ribs on half the hose and smooth on the other half. Solid black hose is the vacuum supply line to engine / carb.
#2 My hose has a splice with a ID plastic connection. No sure if its factory. But this gives me the ID figure.
#3  ID = 3.49mm
#4  OD  = 5.07mm
#5  Firewall pass thru plug
#6 My car has a non factory reduction / expansion to change the hose from small size to regular carb vacuum size
#7 fitting size on larger size of vacuum line is 6.91mm

Although I have found nobody who has a product for E bodies like you have for the B bodies, seems like there is a need. Several used for sale on ebay.
But if you do have the hose that I need, 7 feet black, please PM me.

69BFan

@Aloha Randy, I will have a look at the various hoses that we use to make up the various kits that we offer to see if one matches your needs. 
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

Aloha Randy