Main Menu

Ac identification

Started by Husk Challenger, February 04, 2017, 12:18:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Husk Challenger

Hello Guys,

There is a new AC system in my challenger and i'm trying to identify the exact model because i plan to remove it from the car.
I have no interest in using AC where i live so it will look better under the hood without.
But before i wall to find an old heather box system for my car....i saw in an another thread that i will need a lot of stuffs....  :thinking:

I took some shots, maybe someone can identify it

Thanks in advance

Cédric

Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

Husk Challenger

More pics

Cuda Cody

Never seen that type before.  After market of some sort.  Does it work?  Looks like a nice clean install.  Why not just keep it installed?  What are you going to do with the big hole in the firewall and the control panel?

Husk Challenger

Hi Cody,

Yes it works.
I don't want to let it because even in summer the weather is always cool here. Moreover the system takes a lot of room under the hood and it's pretty ugly...
Btw i shoud dismount it only if i find the originals components....

About the hole in the firewall, isn't it the place of the Blower system?
For the control panel, can't i just put back the original commands?

Husk Challenger

@Cuda Cody

Oh i think i understand now why you ask me about the big hole in the firewall....
I understood when i saw this picture
My car came from factory with AC... correct?

fc7cuda

Yes, based on one of your pictures your car appears to have the large size a/c blower hole in the firewall.  I agree with Cody that this a/c system does look like a nice clean install.  In your opinion, would it look better under the hood if you integrated some factory a/c parts?  This would help the car appear more correct and would be consistent to it's original build.  :alan2cents:

Tom

Husk Challenger

In fact i was thinking about remove it because i will almost never use it and because it takes lot of room under the hood.
But i didn't know my car was originaly an AC car  :rolleyes:

So maybe you right, i may change my plan and keep it like this  :thinking:

Cuda Cody

Your fender tag or build sheet will tell you if your car came with AC.  If the opening for the AC is factory, then yes it had AC.  The factory AC will look different, but basically be the same as you have now.  In fact, the one you have now might even be a little better.  :notsure:   And the factory AC parts are hard to find.

Consider keeping it.  Not that you'll need AC, but having a decent set up to clear fog off the window is nice.  The one you have should work good for you.  Try it for a couple years and then decide if you want to make a change. 

jetmech

Here's a link that might give you some information about your set up, http://www.vintageair.com/Instructions2013/907075-EDZ.pdf

Husk Challenger

@Cuda Cody 
Thanks for the feeback and your opinion.
You're right, I will give it a try.  :bigthumb:

@jetmech Thanks for the instructions, it will be helpfull!