Main Menu

AC push button controls

Started by redgum78, February 20, 2019, 12:44:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

redgum78

Hi all,

I have my dash back in the car and wanted to test the AC push button controls before I wrap up the dash install.

Using a hand held vacuum pump I can make the doors operate but I have to pump it fairly fast and it will lose vacuum fairly quick. Hoses are new and the actuators are all tested and don't leak so it has to be the push button controller that is losing the vacuum.

Do these normally hold 100% vacuum? I am guessing probably not?
Does the vacuum supply run direct to intake vacuum or is there some sort of separation protection like a check valve or a vapor catcher?

Cheers

Dan

Shoooter

Rich G.

Vacuum hose goes right to the manifold. The only ck.valve is right by the switch where all the hoses plug in.

Shoooter

Where does the hose go from the ac box to the manifold? I'm not sure if I have a extra line to go to the motor or not

redgum78

Quote from: Rich G. on February 24, 2019, 05:38:33 AM
Vacuum hose goes right to the manifold. The only ck.valve is right by the switch where all the hoses plug in.

Thanks for the replies guys,

Rich are you saying there is check valve near this connection?

Shoooter

larry4406

I can't help, but I vaguely remember a mopar magazine from the 90's having an article on rebuilding the AC switches to fix the leaks.  Perhaps the brain trust here will recall.

redgum78

Hey Shoooter, I found this PDF article about repairing Mopar push button switches.

I am going to give it a try. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Dan

Shoooter

Mines good thanks, I need to find out where the vacuum line hooks uo