Main Menu

A/C vents 70 cuda

Started by RockportCuda, February 08, 2020, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RockportCuda

I have these vents for my 70 cuda. It is a non a/c car but I will be having the vents cut into my dash. Also, I have a non rallye dash. So my question is, is there another vent I need for the drivers side.
Thanks everyone

JH27N0B

There's a piece I'd call a channel that goes to the drivers side, but ducts the air out sort of under the dash. I don't have a picture handy unfortunately.

jt4406

Yes, there is a dash vent on the driver side, here's a pic of one (it is a ralley dash but the vent is the same, control panel differs slightly)

"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"

RockportCuda

Like I posted in the pic
I have found some good ones for the passenger side
I can't find the one for the driver side for my non-rallye dash

anlauto

Are you planning on using aftermarket duct work ? I assume you're adding aftermarket AC  ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RockportCuda

Forgive me if I sound like I don't know what I'm talking about. This is my first cuda. What I am doing is putting a a new 6.4 hemi and I believe it comes with the factory a/c. I have found the original vents for the passenger side like I said , but as far as the duct work, I don't know what comes with what I'm buying. The duct work may be something else I need. I'm not for sure. Trying to figure all this out. I just know I have found the passenger vents and I have been told I need the one vent for the drivers side, but I don't have the rallye dash so I have had different answers on if there is or was a vent I can use that will match the other ones.
Again sorry if I'm wrong or saying something wrong.
Thanks
Joey Taylor

anlauto

No you're not saying nothing wrong at all Joey....we're just trying to get a sense of what you're working on.  :bigthumb:

Even if your new motor comes with AC, you'll need and AC system for inside the car, because as you mentioned the car was original NON AC.

You can buy an aftermarket kit that will give to a new AC evaporator box, controls, duct work and even under dash vents if you like. I personally don't think you'll be successful cutting holes in your existing pad to install factory vents unless you're doing some sort of custom cover on the pad as well. Installing the factory vents will be a little more involved, especially trying to hook them up to the new system. You would need to order a system for a car with factory AC to get the correct duct work :alan2cents:

Look into Vintage Air or Classic Air systems made specifically for your make/model of car.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RockportCuda

I just got off the phone with gentleman who is doing all the work to the car
And yes, he said we will be going with the classic air system. And as far as the dash, I am sending the dash and vents to Just Dashes and they will be cutting the holes to install the vents.

Shoooter

I will check my cuda tomorrow but I think the AC vents are recessed in alittle. Mine is a AC car so I'll take a picture of the pipe you would need and the drivers vent. Like other said the firewall is different

EV2RTSE

Here are pictures of: the non-rallye switch bezel with vent, non-rallye switches, and supply duct that runs to the driver's side. 

EV2RTSE

Here are pics of the central duct (which splits the air between the driver & passenger vents) and a/c heater box with the defroster ductwork up top.  Also the passenger vent supply duct.

anlauto

Your Classic-air system should come with the driver's side vent and control panel.

It would be MUCH cheaper to avoid "Just Dashes" and buy a reproduction dash pad from Ultimate Rides or ABC  :alan2cents:

RockportCuda

I posted these vents awhile back. Can someone please tell me if they are the correct vents for a 1970 Plymouth cuda? I have been told they are correct because of the silver push pull lever but I have also been told they are only for the 1970 challenger.

Thanks

anlauto

1970 Cuda and 1970 Challenger would use the same vents....It's the later years when the vents changed slightly, however ALL years will interchange. :alan2cents: