Main Menu

ACC vs. Legendary carpet

Started by headejm, August 15, 2020, 09:46:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

headejm

Thinking of buying new carpeting. It seems like everyone is installing ACC carpeting. How does ACC compare to Legendary? There is about a $100 price difference. Is the ACC worth it?  :notsure:

CudaMoparRay

Don't have experience with ACC but Legendary definitely has worked fine for me

BIGSHCLUNK

Used ACC more than once - highly recommend  :banana:

benlavigne

I think I've read that ACC produces all carpet kits, even for Legendary and ECS...
If you get ACC, get the mass backing, there was a thread on this recently...

Ben

69BFan

ACC is the manufacturer for all of the carpet sets now.  Up until October of 2017, Trim Parts was making the carpet sets as well.  ACC purchased the Trim Parts carpet line to acquire the ability to make the floor mats with the trade marked logos from Chrysler.

So no matter who you purchase from, unless it is a old product that has been sitting on the shelf for years, it is an ACC product.  Some of the vendors will buy in bulk and stock the product.  Most vendors at this time are now just having it drop shipped directly from ACC.  In my opinion, I believe that this is the best alternative.  This ensures that you get a fresh product that has not been boxed up for weeks, months or years prior to being shipped and installed.

Prior to Covid, I could call an order in and it would usually ship within 24 hours.  Now due to some slight issues with getting the bulk carpet, it is taking two to three days on some occasions for the product to ship, still very reasonable.  So check with your preferred vendor for the best pricing and customer service to get the same product.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

anlauto

:iagree: I believe I read that somewhere as well.... RockAuto has good prices on ACC carpet and we get a discount as well...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

benlavigne

Quote from: anlauto on August 16, 2020, 06:42:55 AM
:iagree: I believe I read that somewhere as well.... RockAuto has good prices on ACC carpet and we get a discount as well...
X2 on Rock Auto, huge price difference when I ordered earlier this year.

Ben

Cuda70-74

Rockauto all the way. That's where I got mines from
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

FSHTAIL

I'm not very Savvy when it comes to carpeting type, I see two types listed that looks familiar,

Just Loop

And

Loop  80%Rayon/20% nylon

Which one is the closest to stock?

Im looking on Rockauto now. 
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

DeathProofCuda

I see four options at Rock Auto:
- Loop
- Loop with mass Backing
- Essex
- Essex with mass backing

Loop looks like your original carpet.  Essex is more similar to modern carpets.  Many folks not concerned about an original look prefer the look and feel of Essex. 

Mass backing is a rubber-like backing material applied to the back of the carpet.  It provides some noise and heat reduction inside the car.  The mass backing makes it slightly more difficult to fit under the sill plates, but many folks prefer the mass backed carpet because the heat formed contours retain the shape of the carpet better, so it fits nicer.

roguedc72

Just throwing my 2 cents, I got carpet from classic industries, unboxed it, looks like it might fit, let sit out on flat flooring for a couple weeks to get the shipping folds out of it, put the back half in first, struggled to make it fit, then went to install the front half and that's where it went off the rails! this crap doesn't even come close to fitting, supposed to be for a 4 speed floor pan, I think they just added some material without shaping it. That's the issue, this product is not molded for shape, yes it's molded a LITTLE, but no where near fitting the floor pan. I'm glad I caught this thread, so are ACC and legendary properly molded? I'm out 180 bucks the way I see it, don't have the original package to ship it plus I trimmed the back half already. DON'T classic industries e body carpet!

anlauto

I wouldn't set your expectations too high with ALL the reproduction carpets, they ALL need work to make then fit well.  :alan2cents:

Not sure if ECS is still in the carpet game, but they were buying and shipping special ACC carpets in large flat boxes at one time...supposed to have been the "best available".
I've installed two of them.....and well,... I wasn't THAT impressed... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

A few years ago I used ACC mass backed carpet in my Challenger, molded with thick rubber backing.  It fit like a glove.  Now trimming it was another matter.  Live and learn, if I ever install another I'm buying high quality shears instead of using stationary store grade scissors and a utility knife, and wearing gloves.  I think the blisters I got from that job took weeks to heal!  :looney:

Purepony

I tried ordering a carpet from them and they told me would would be here in 15 days I waited 15 days and that suddenly became 45 days I got tired of waiting

Classic industries doesn't have anything in stock unless it's for a GM car it seems

I went on eBay and had one Made for 20 dollars more and they even sent me a color sample before I ordered

Really nice people. I almost didn't believe them because jegs said 60 days classic said 15 then 45 and these guys said 7-10 I'd have it

Well sure enough I got it and it worked okay I'm happy with it just keep in mind my cars a driver but if it was a show car I'm not sure if I would use it. I mean for 200 what can you really expect no ?

bking4aday

Where did you order that eBay carpet from???