Main Menu

ACC vs. Legendary carpet

Started by headejm, August 15, 2020, 09:46:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Excellent photos ..we need to post them in the reference section...Do you mind ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

PLY474

Go for it. 

I put the carpet samples in a sunny window today.  I covered half of each sample with aluminum foil for control.  I'll follow up in 6 months.

71ChallRT

Yes, ECS still does carpet.  Shipped flat, never rolled or folded, so installs easier.  A little more pricey though.  I always trust ECS products and service.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: 71ChallRT on December 04, 2021, 09:05:26 AM
Yes, ECS still does carpet.  Shipped flat, never rolled or folded, so installs easier.  A little more pricey though.  I always trust ECS products and service.

I just spoke to ECS 2 weeks ago and they told me that they no longer sell flat shipped carpets.

anlauto

Yea, I thought they dropped those a long time ago, they recently dropped all their little metal brackets and such as well  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

71ChallRT

I talked to them at the MCACN show in Chicago in November.  They sold all the "hard parts" to another firm in California (not Classic Industries) .  I can't remember the name.  ECS will continue to make the decals and labels, etc.  But if it's metal or something I think all that went to that other firm.  I'm not sure about the carpets, but exhaust and brackets and such.  I suppose it was just too much to handle after the founder, Dave Walden died a year or two ago?

69BFan

Making the availability of the reproduction parts was a passion for Dave and his team surrounding him.  The backbone of the business was the licensed VIN certification labels which will remain the focus of the ECS business.  To my understanding, they will continue to offer the various restoration decals and labels which lends itself to the VIN program which they are involved with.

Scott Fuller will maintain the level of perfection that Dave strove for with the exhaust system components.

As for as the ACC carpet availability, we were informed back in October that effective January 1st, there will be a 8% price increase across the board on the ACC product line.  Carpet availability has gotten slightly better since the brunt of the Covid impact. 

We have been working with ACC for a number of years and even though the carpet kits for the more modern cars is the majority of their business.  They still are intent on taking care of the old cars as well.  Not sure on how this Covid mess will impact future projects, but the current production items are still a focus for them.  Over the past couple of years, we have been able to get the 63 to 65 B molded trunk mats into production.  My focus now is to get a correct fitting carpet for the 65 to 73 C-Body applications.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

PLY474

Quote from: PLY474 on November 29, 2021, 09:43:30 AM
I put the carpet samples in a sunny window today.  I covered half of each sample with aluminum foil for control.  I'll follow up in 6 months.

Update:  I hung the carpet samples in a south side window on November 29, 2021 and took them out mid-September of 2022.  The samples were in a zip lock bag and I wrapped aluminum foil around the lower half.  They sat on my desk since September and I'm just now getting around to taking pictures.  My take away is no fading.  I can't detect any color difference.

The samples are from Factory Interiors.  https://www.factoryinteriors.com/material-sample-request/   

anlauto