Main Menu

After Market Steering Wheel

Started by Aloha Randy, March 24, 2022, 11:33:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Aloha Randy

I have my 1970 Challenger RT almost finished and it looks great until I look at the stock plastic wood grain steering wheel. Besides the look, the feel of the thin plastic wheel is not a feel of a wheel that fits the overall beauty of the car. My car is 95% stock but its a driver and I am looking for a wheel that has that Dodge style but updated to a more classy look and firm feel. Does anyone have luck finding a good wheel that would work with the crush can column? Thanks

dodj

Google Tuff Wheel see if it's what you are looking for.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

I installed quite a few PG Classics "Tuff Grip" wheel, people tend to like them... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Dakota

I started with the same stock steering and didn't like how thin the rim was either.  Since I'm tall, a smaller diameter (14") wheel provided a little more leg room.  I bought a Grant version of the Tuff Wheel which looks fine once you get past the plastic rim.  Something leather wrapped would be better. 

Aloha Randy

Did they work with the crush can column and look good?

Dakota

No adapter.  It bolted directly to the crush can. 

Bullitt-

Quote from: Aloha Randy on March 24, 2022, 01:16:22 PM
Did they work with the crush can column and look good? any pictures that you might have? Thanks
One problem with using OE screws is only issue I've heard ... read here V
https://forum.e-bodies.org/interior/6/pg-classic-tuff-wheel-horn-mounting-screw-size/8405/msg117350#msg117350
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]