Main Menu

Aftermarket seat belts

Started by dave73, November 13, 2017, 06:12:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

Who has aftermarket seat belts? Looking for something a little more comfortable and modern. Don't like how the stock ones seem to always be locked up

Brads70

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

dave73

Were you able to use the factory mounting points?

Brads70

Quote from: dave73chally on November 14, 2017, 08:06:49 AM
Were you able to use the factory mounting points?

Me? I could have but I added non stock seats and built mounts . I took this opportunity to move the seat back ( I'm tall) , so when I did that I moved the seat belt location back as well. If I didn't move the seat it would have bolted in on the stock location.

70/6chall

Dave.........I decided change out the stock factory aircraft style seat belts for the '74 Challenger deluxe push-button 3-point OEM seat belts. Everything bolted up and works just fine. I paid up $35. for front and back, cleaned them up and look great. I like them because they work just like the modern belts.        Thanks,   Al

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

dave73

Quote from: 70/6chall on November 22, 2017, 05:03:15 PM
Dave.........I decided change out the stock factory aircraft style seat belts for the '74 Challenger deluxe push-button 3-point OEM seat belts. Everything bolted up and works just fine. I paid up $35. for front and back, cleaned them up and look great. I like them because they work just like the modern belts.        Thanks,   Al

I have stock 73 belts in my car now, are these different? I wasn't aware they offered different belts in the e-body across the years. Can you post a link to buy them and/or pictures of your setup?

dave73

Quote from: dodj on November 22, 2017, 05:51:41 PM
I bought a set from XV a couple years ago. They are great. Stock mounting points.
https://xvengineering.com/products/xv-racing-products-3-point-retractable-belt-bucket-seats-black

Those look very nice. From pictures, it looks like the way they mount means you can longer fold them up to that clip on the headliner to get the belt out of the line of sight of the window? Guess that's the trade off

dodj

Headliner belt clips no longer used. I never reinstalled mine after I changed the headliner.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill