Main Menu

Any bench seat owners out there ?

Started by anlauto, September 30, 2018, 01:53:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Is there any members who have an E Body with a front bench seat ? I have a stupid question....Bucket seat cars have a square reinforcement plate under the floor pan for the "inside" mounting studs of each seat....

Do bench seat cars have those plate in place ?

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

shawge

My 70 Challenger was an original bench seat car and it has the reinforcement plates.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

1970A-66Challenger

My Challenger was a bench seat car and it has the 4 reinforcing plates on each side like a bucket seat car.

halftrackman

I had the bench seat, Just take it out and the buckets seats will bolt right in. All the holes are there. :burnout:

anlauto

That's great, thanks guys.....now I just need to find a 70 Barracuda bench seat. What are they worth ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Spikedog08

I think they are cool and you certainly don't see many of them.  Could be difficult to find as everyone trashed them out for the bucket seat through out the years . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

There's one on KIJIJI right now from a 70 Challenger with the matching steering column, looks to be complete in good shape, obviously needs new correct covers. He's asking $650, do you think that's fair?

cuda hunter

Not bad really.  I've passed on a few for 400 and now I wish I had picked them up.
Had a guy come pick up a 440 I had and he said he has a complete seat with cover for 1000. 
I see them pretty often for 700-1000.  Wish they were cheaper but they are kinda hard to find.

650 might be a little much if it's missing the hinge covers and needs new foam and cover. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee