Main Menu

AutoGrip Shifter

Started by 7212Mopar, August 13, 2020, 05:22:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7212Mopar

I contacted Quapman and got in-line to buy his pistol grip shifter for automatic. He told me the wait will be eight months. I am getting the black one with silver grain and Mopar logo on top. The plastic T handle feels like it can come apart anytime. Anyone got one in their car and how you like it. 
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Chryco Psycho

I have sold a few of these to customers ... IMO these are the Best pistol grip for auto made  :bigthumb:

Brads70

I've had one in my car for 10 years now. Great product!  :bradsthumb:
I later installed custom wooden grips.

7212Mopar

Looks good Brad. I think it is just the right size and the shifter angle forward just like the manual shifter. The other choice is straight up which do not look right and probably not as comfortable to grab on. Now I just have to wait eight months...... Good things comes to those who wait, not to those who wait too late....

Scooter

Quote from: 7212Mopar on August 14, 2020, 12:36:49 PM
Looks good Brad. I think it is just the right size and the shifter angle forward just like the manual shifter. The other choice is straight up which do not look right and probably not as comfortable to grab on. Now I just have to wait eight months...... Good things comes to those who wait, not to those who wait too late....

Was wondering if he was still around, he has not updated his Facebook page since November of last year.

I have the "ball" type shifter in my 74 and planned on getting one as well.

Maybe I should get in line.. 8 months... how did you reach out to him? FEBO forum?

7212Mopar

He replied to me a few days ago with pricing info. He will put you on the waiting list but will not send you ordering info and not collecting upfront. His Facebook page is still active and has updates on what he is working on. He can be reached via his email address post on his Facebook page.

quapman@aol.com

dylo

Mine just turned up 2 weeks ago after about a 9 month wait. Being in Australia, there was about a 3 weeks shipping in that though. They are a piece of art, wasn't sure if i wanted it in the car, or on my wall!

BIGSHCLUNK

I got one from Steve years ago (the old C-C days)  it has held up very well.  :bradsthumb:

340sport

I just got in line for one.

7212Mopar

Waited eight months for mine, exactly the time Steve said it will be my turn. It arrived today and took less than 5 minutes to put it in. Feel so much beefier than the plastic T-handle. The actions is precise and feels great. It is made like jewel and worth every penny and time. I can't wait till the weekend to take her out for a spin for some slap stick action.

BIGSHCLUNK

I've had one on NIKKI over 10 years , never an issue. Sorry no pic on this laptop...