Main Menu

back seat area: convertible

Started by 1969daytona, July 09, 2020, 05:44:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1969daytona

Hey gang..
Working on this 1970 Gran Coupe Convertible and starting to focus on the rear seat area. i didn't tear the car down, I was given the car as basically a rolling shell. Anyone have pictures of the seat cushions out and seat belts installed, the back cushion in so I can see the attach hardware that connects the bottom of the back cushion to the floorpan...

thanks in advance...
Troy

anlauto

Calling @Jay Bee ....calling Jay Bee......you're up John, I'll let you tackle this question  :brainiac:  :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Here's a picture of the screw that attaches the back cushion to the floor pan. Mine is somewhat stripped near the washer.

Jay Bee

Sorry, my seats and seats belts are out of the car.

Jay Bee

Maybe this'll help a bit, just took/edited the pic this morning.

Mymcodebee

That's the only place on that car that bolt is used..   I know because I have dug through my million bolts multiple times trying to get lucky and find those bolts on every ragtop I do. 

Jay Bee

Quote from: Mymcodebee on July 10, 2020, 05:58:26 AM
That's the only place on that car that bolt is used.

Yeah, the first time I saw it (1980) I thought it was wrong. Back then I thought to myself, who would put wood bolts in these spots, they must have lost the originals.