Main Menu

Best place for dark green door panels?

Started by Poolshark314, November 01, 2020, 05:03:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Poolshark314

Does anyone know where to get Barracuda door panels in dark green that are injection-molded? Seems like most repros in the dark green color are vacuum-injected. I have a pair on backorder with Classic but they don't specify how they are made.
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

anlauto

I think when Metro started doing the injection molded interior panels they may have done a small run of green, but I'm not sure, I know they did red and blue along with black and white, but have since stopped doing the colours altogether.

If people are selling green panels, they are likely painted green prior to the sale, I don't think anybody is making new panels out of green plastic. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Fastmark

I'm not sure if they ever made a dark green injection Metro door panel for a Barracuda. I did luck out and buy a set of seat backs injection molded in green from BEA when he was still in business. Mike had only a very few sets. I seem to remember him special ordering them. They were more expensive than other colors at the time. I'd love to have a set for my AAR in green but it will never happen.

anlauto

Quote from: Fastmark on November 02, 2020, 04:50:42 AM
I'm not sure if they ever made a dark green injection Metro door panel for a Barracuda. I did luck out and buy a set of seat backs injection molded in green from BEA when he was still in business. Mike had only a very few sets. I seem to remember him special ordering them. They were more expensive than other colors at the time. I'd love to have a set for my AAR in green but it will never happen.

I remember about green seats backs, I wasn't sure about the other interior panels being available in green  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Poolshark314

Thanks for the input guys. Guess I will just see how these panels look when they come in. The green is definitely more expensive than the black ones
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

anlauto

Poor picture, but these were original black panels I just spray painted myself using Herb's Paints :twothumbsup: