Main Menu

Best Sill Plates

Started by Gary AAR, March 04, 2020, 07:51:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Gary AAR

My original sill plates on my 1970 AAR Cuda are in pretty sad shape.  Thinking about replacing them.  Who sells the best reproduction sill plates in terms of fit and finish?  I see YearOne sells sill plates in either a "flat" or "polished" finish.  Which is closest to the original finish?  Anyone happy or unhappy with what you bought?  Looking for recommendations.
Thanks for the help.

JS29

@MoparDave  Roseville mopar parts. Mention you are a member here and you will get a discount.  :bigthumb:

MoparDave

Please Email me at daver@manciniracing.com or call 586-790-4100

mccannix

I didn't know they offered a flat finish version.
I'd like to see those in person.
I wonder how they compare to originals which were dull as shown in pictures.
These were the assembly line ones and first run style.
True first run style were in these paper wrappers.
Later Mopar ones had a blue film plastic and were polished.
Polished ones in my opinion look real nice but dull is more original.

Gary AAR

Looked at the two sill plates on the Roseville website.  There are two part numbers listed for 70-74 E-bodies,  P2879600 & ESILL.  It appears the P2879600 is the "polished" version, and ESILL is the "satin" version.  Is this correct?  Is the "satin" version closest to the original finish?

Also, from the pictures of the two versions, the stampings appear to be different.  The ESILL version appears to look more similar to my original.  Are the basic stampings indeed different between P2879600 and ESILL?

Thanks.

headejm

For what it's worth...My car is a 1970 Challenger SPD508 and the sill plates are polished. I believe they are original to the car.  :cheers: