Main Menu

Bill Edwards Seat Belts

Started by R/T's 4 R/P, November 24, 2022, 08:11:06 AM

Previous topic Next topic

R/T's 4 R/P

Is anyone near Bill Edwards or close with him?
I sent him my belts in February of 2021!
I knew he was dealing with some health issues so was trying to be kind...
Early last month I received an email from his daughter stating that Bill had to go in for surgery to amputate his leg.  :(
She stated that she was going to try and get things organized and try to help her mom and dad.
I'm sure this is a substantial ordeal for the family, but I do wish I'd hear some updates.
My fear is the belts are lost and there is no record on his end.
If anyone knows more can you share?
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70_440-6Cuda

I spoke to Billid September and he said he had belts.coming off the table that week.  We spoke a bit and he said he was on the mend and doing better so that was promising.  I followed up at the end of Sept. with no reply.  Hopefully everything is Ok and he has a positive recovery.  I never sent anything to him, he just took my order via text so not sure how he ran his business.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

Ricomondo

I had sent my seat belts to Bill in March of 2022, and I too, had issues with very long lead times. Bill did articulate that he had some leg issues. I would check in every month (after the 5 month mark) and then Bill said he fell out of bed and got a concussion, which pushed things back further.

I did finally receive my seat belts in late September. As stated above, if he is having a leg amputated, it may be a bit, but your belts won't be forgotten about. It just may push things back quite a bit until he can resume work, along with whatever rehab he may have.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

anlauto

So if the original poster sent his 21 months ago in Feb 2021 and hasn't got them, why/how did you get yours 6 months later ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MKA

I ordered deluxe seat belts from Bill in February.   He told me then he was having health issues with his leg and problems working.  Every-time we chatted it seemed it was getting worse and he was in more pain.   I received the deluxe belts about 3 months after ordering, which seemed reasonable.   One issue, I also ordered the deluxe seat belt holder clips and they were missing.   It took about another 3 months to get those shipped.   I was not concerned with timing, as far as I know you can't get these anywhere else and they look great.   

I did have quite a bit of friendly back and forth with Bill.   He either answered his phone or called you back every time.     I enjoyed talking to Bill but it was clear he was in increasing pain that prevented working.   He commented several times he had customers that were not happy but he was doing the best he could. 

Bill has a stellar reputation in the hobby and he is a one man show and facing the inevitable health issues that we all will.   When your dealing with an independent small owner shop there is always some risk especially when health is a concern.  Your going to have to be patient and perhaps a little prayer for Bill's health.   If his leg was amputated, that sounds like a near worst case scenario and I am sorry to say he may have bigger concerns.

I was thankful to be able to work with Bill and get the belts.  there aren't  many other options.   I don't know what you do in this scenario but wait, periodically follow up and see how it plays out. 

Ricomondo

Quote from: anlauto on November 24, 2022, 09:38:09 AM
So if the original poster sent his 21 months ago in Feb 2021 and hasn't got them, why/how did you get yours 6 months later ?

If that was for me? I have no idea. When I sent mine in March of 22' he said "a few weeks". Now I feel like I got them speedy quick considering the OP is still waiting from 2021? I will say, these belts were for my 340 Demon and not my T/A. Perhaps A body belts are easier to restore?

70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

R/T's 4 R/P

That is my concern as well.
During the summer a friend called Bill and discussed getting a set of belts (bought outright, not restored...for an E Body) and Bill said he could probably get him some in 2 weeks!
I thought 'what the hell!'....
This leads me to think he does not have any organization in his shop...or record keeping.
What I am getting done is a standard black set of 1970 E Body belts...so not out of the ordinary.
I am thankful I have typically communicated with him via email, and have documented about 18 responses from him...
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

Suregrip391

I'm going on two years and nothing but promises.....I gave up calling 8 months ago. I moved on. Hope is ok though....I don't wish that on anyone.

Harley

I've been trying to find the seat belts for my 71 demon that bill sent out back in sept. They are black with the third rear belt option. He sent me a tracking number that went to crown point indiana. That was right after he cashed my check. I'm not getting much response from him. Just hoping to find my belts. Did they happen to go to you? Thanks!

GoMangoBoys

Reading all these posts makes me feel very lucky.  I got a set from Bill exactly 1 year ago (Dec 2021).  They were here in time to be wrapped and under the tree for my boy.  At the time, he was apologizing for delays dues to some pretty severe-sounding health issues.  The set that I got was awesome and is finally in the car.

dodj

Well, I hope he recovers ok and gets back to feeling well.

But from what I'm reading.......I'd never send parts to him.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Harley

Regarding the seat belt issues we are experiencing with Bill Edwards. I received my demon belts today and they are perfect!! It took several months to get them but they are here. They are working on filling orders but are lacking alot of customer contact info. If you message Robin on their FB page she will get back to you. Send them your info and what you ordered or sent them to restore. She is very good at responding (has been with me anyway) I have had many phone conversations with her and Bill they are good folks going through a very difficult time. Try to be patient and respectful with them.. I hope all of you get what you ordered. Thank You for hearing me out on this matter. Respectfully Harley.

R/T's 4 R/P

I can't find any Facebook page for them.
Where did you find them?
I tried calling and the mailbox is full.
No response to my email.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

headejm