Main Menu

Blower motor

Started by Matt13, July 29, 2020, 02:37:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Matt13

So, who makes the most correct blower motor for a non-a/c box? 4 seasons from Autozone was shorter and the wires were on the wrong end.

EV2RTSE

To my knowledge there aren't any in the aftermarket that will look anything like an original. Best to send your original to be restored if possible or if not it shouldn't be too difficult to locate a good used one.  In March of this year I picked up a NOS 72-3-4 motor for $35. It apparently had been stored in a damp environment so the plating wasn't in great shape but otherwise was good to go.

anlauto

Nobody I know of makes one even close...Send your original to SF-Resto and have it restored :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Matt13

Quote from: anlauto on July 29, 2020, 07:34:22 PM
Nobody I know of makes one even close...Send your original to SF-Resto and have it restored :alan2cents:
I think the shipping alone to Canada would be cost prohibitive. My friend wants us to try to rebuild it. Does it just separate at the middle?

Burdar

With the two bolts out it will separate in the middle.  I've done two of them.  One came apart hard because of internal corrosion.  Both of them cleaned up and work fine.  I didn't have to replace any bushings or anything like that.  I just cleaned them good, put them back together and painted them as an assembly.  Before you paint them, test them to make sure they run.