Main Menu

What is this?

Started by RJChallenger, September 29, 2018, 04:44:06 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RJChallenger

I have what I believe, to be a door lock rod that goes from the inner door lock lever to the door latch of am early build challenger / cuda . Could someone please confirm if it what I hope it is . Thanks

Chryco Psycho

anlauto

It may have been that rod, but someone has completely bent it out of shape. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RJChallenger

Great , another one year only part to find . Thanks for your help Guys

RJChallenger

Does anyone have a picture of an unbent one . Thanks

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RJChallenger on September 29, 2018, 07:47:47 AM
Great , another one year only part to find . Thanks for your help Guys

I don't believe it is any different than 71-74...  The latch is different but the linkage is the same..

anlauto

You might be able to bend it back to shape...70-74 should be all the same.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RJChallenger

While I believe the rod is slightly bent, it's definitely factory. Here's the inner "door handle to latch" rod  from a 1/70 challenger and metal retaining clip. I believe they switched over mid year to the plastic retainer and changed the shape of the end of the rod.You can see the two style of clips.

anlauto

Yes the long rod changed, but not the short rod

RJChallenger

Thank you all,  very much . That rod must be for some other car.  Maybe that's why I only have one.