Main Menu

Center console or no center console ? On a833

Started by Purepony, October 22, 2020, 11:04:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Purepony

Hey e body friends

So I'm removing my carpet, pedals and console to make room for the tunnel cut but now I can't decide if I want a console or not ?

What's involved in removal because I saw that there's some brackets that need to be removed and They are welded to the body it seems so if I do remove them that's it I guess unless I plan to weld etc

If you have some pics please share

I'd like to see any information on removing or adding even pics of cars with no console vs console

Thanks

Here's what I have now

Burdar

So it looks like you are swapping from an auto to a 4-speed and you want to know if you should keep the console or not....right?

There are some brackets that need to be removed from the floor if you are going to remove the console.  A cut-off wheel will make quick work of them and a grinder to clean up the floor after they are removed.  If you are careful, the brackets can be saved if you ever decide to put a console back in.  Really not hard to do.

E-body consoles can be a little cheesy looking.  On the 4-speeds in particular.  The console doesn't cover the entire shifter boot on the side.  The boot is still visible.  My vote is to leave it off but ultimately it's your call.

mopar jack

not an E-body but my 71 road runner 383 4 speed per factory non console.

mopar jack

My road runner with console temporary install.

Rich G.

You need a console to put your junk in! LOL

318Stroker

Quote from: Burdar on October 22, 2020, 12:13:50 PM
So it looks like you are swapping from an auto to a 4-speed and you want to know if you should keep the console or not....right?

There are some brackets that need to be removed from the floor if you are going to remove the console.  A cut-off wheel will make quick work of them and a grinder to clean up the floor after they are removed.  If you are careful, the brackets can be saved if you ever decide to put a console back in.  Really not hard to do.

E-body consoles can be a little cheesy looking.  On the 4-speeds in particular.  The console doesn't cover the entire shifter boot on the side.  The boot is still visible.  My vote is to leave it off but ultimately it's your call.

I've always been a console guy, but I agree, the E-body and 71-74 B-body consoles have a rather stark, barren plastic look to them. I've learned to really like the look of buckets, no console, and a pistol-grip in all it's glory sticking through the floor.

Purepony

Yeah I agree. I like the look of the no console for some reason seems more of a muscle car to me but then I'll see a car with a console lol and I'll like it hmm

Then after seeing mopar jacks pics I'm still confused! Damn it looks good both ways 😑

jringo8769

Personally on a e body
I love the non console for the manual
Just looks cleaner to me
But if it is a auto a console is a must
God Bless,John
Stay safe out there

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Burdar

Someone needs to post a close-up picture of the gap on the side where you can see the shifter boot.  Maybe that will help you decide which way to go. 

GoodysGotaCuda

I prefer the "all business" look of no console. I removed mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Purepony

Haha that's funny
I've seen the gal and that's why I can't make up my mind it looks like they just slapped it together after they realized they got make a console for it

I did forget to mention.... don't get mad anyone but I have newer challenger power seats 😐I needed the seats to recline

I attached a pic to show the seats with the console the way it was up until a week ago

6bblgt

Poolshark314

Quote from: Rich G. on October 22, 2020, 12:41:17 PM
You need a console to put your junk in! LOL

Seriously, the E bodies lack storage as it is! Where are you supposed to put your hand sanitizer and facemask??? Things I never thought I would have to say before 2020...
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

Burdar

It's easy to spend other people's money...

To match the seats, you should have your door panels wrapped in leather.  That would look really good.