Clutch pedal squeak

Started by FSHTAIL, June 09, 2017, 12:58:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

That stuff smells good!

Quote from: 303 Mopar on June 09, 2017, 09:55:52 AM
Quote from: Chris Pauluk on June 09, 2017, 09:49:43 AM
I have some triflow kicking around.      Smells good too

You could always try @Blake@diyhemi.com's stripper spray, I've heard that smells good.   :banana:

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Chris Pauluk on June 09, 2017, 10:24:12 AM
If I remove the spring.   
What will that do?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
1- Hopefully fix your squeek
2- Centerforce recommends removing it when running their clutches. If you hammer the throttle and stab the clutch it may not return. That big spring is designed to assist with pedal effort on the old style 3 finger clutches. The diaphragm clutches have low effort and don't need the assist.   

Chryco Psycho

3 things  the over center spring returns the pedal to the top & help depress the pedal as well so you will have more pedal pressure without it  this also keep the pressure off the release brg so it will last as long as possible which is why you should put the trans in neutral at stop lights & not sit there for the whole duration of the light holding the pedal down
B&B 3 finger clutches absolutly need the spring  the pedal will be very hard to depress without it
I am not a fan of diaphragm clutches they release weird coming up very soft & then the engage rapidly , Make Sure you have a rev limiter as well  under normal driving no problem but shifting hard @ high rpm the pedal will often stay on the floor even with the spring removed  these cars are just not designed for the diaphragm clutches the linkage is not right for them

FSHTAIL

Is there a linkage improvement setup?

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

Chryco Psycho

Just hydraulic
if you do that use an hyd release brg that mounts on the front of the trans  no linkage that way .

FSHTAIL

I meant the shifter linkage.   
I'm guessing/hoping it's linkage related because sometimes at a light I can't get it into 1st.   

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

GrandpaKevin

My clutch pedal creaked, groaned and popped when depressed and released.

Lube and grease didn't help so after a closer inspection I discovered the overcenter spring had worn a major groove in the horizontal pin it mounts to.
The wear was on the backside of the pin and very hard to see.
I had to remove the old pin and replace with a new one from Brewers.

Quote from: Chris Pauluk on June 14, 2017, 11:31:32 PM
I meant the shifter linkage.   
I'm guessing/hoping it's linkage related because sometimes at a light I can't get it into 1st.   

That sounds like the clutch rod needs adjustment , my pedal did not raise all the way and was sometimes hard to go into gear , adjustment fixed it.

http://www.brewersperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CLW086&cat=101