Main Menu

Color of Package Tray?

Started by kawahonda, September 04, 2018, 11:19:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kawahonda

Burnt Orange Interior/Exterior. A66 Code.

Did the original package tray come in black or was it colored?
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

Burdar

I'm pretty sure they were color keyed to the interior color.  Looking at google images, I see burnt orange package trays with burnt orange interiors.
In 1970 the steering column should also be color keyed to the interior.

kawahonda

Good to know, thanks. Looks like Legendary is the only one that makes them in the correct colors. Cool!

Will keep this in mine once I decide what to do with my audio/radio.

btw, my steering column is black...

Burdar

What color are your seat belts?  I see some color keyed and other just black.

kawahonda

Seat belts and steering column are black. Everything else is burnt orange. Right now my package tray has some sort of orange vinyl on it. I'm assuming it isn't stock, but not sure now?

JS29

Black is correct with standard gauge cluster, with ralley gauge cluster steering column was color coded to the interior color. :alan2cents:   

70/6chall

My first day issue '70 Challenger came down the assy. line as an EK2, Go-Mango exterior and a Burnt Orange interior car. Had black seat belts, black steering column and burnt orange package tray, some kind of cardboardy textured tray painted burnt orange. Under SoCal sun it started falling apart after awhile. Ended up replacing the whole interior anyway.  Thanks,   Al

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: JS29 on September 04, 2018, 12:23:56 PM
Black is correct with standard gauge cluster, with ralley gauge cluster steering column was color coded to the interior color. :alan2cents:   

:iagree:

And color matched seat belts are part of the C15 deluxe seat belt option package which includes a seat belt warning lamp on the dash near the ashtray....

kawahonda

I wonder if my package tray is original....it's basically burnt orange texture wrapped, no cut-outs.

The P.O of the car isn't one to change or re-do things..he left the car alone and if something broke, he replaced it. So I have a hard time thinking he would have changed out he package tray or added "custom texture wrapping" to it.

Maybe I'll take a photo of it to see what you guys think.

1 Wild R/T

FWIW my old R/T SE which was also FK5/K4  the package tray was smooth, no vinyl, no texture....  But my car was much later than yours.... SPD 723...  One of the last cars built for the 70 model year.....

kawahonda

Here's what's in there.

1 Wild R/T

I seriously doubt thats original.....   Someone tell me I'm wrong....

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

It's original to something, just not an E-body.
Sheldon

kawahonda

Sounds like I need to order one, with cut outs!