Main Menu

Console mounted tape deck

Started by Blake@diyhemi.com, April 17, 2017, 09:40:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Blake@diyhemi.com

Does anyone know if the console cassette decks are interchangeable with other models/years of Chrysler?

I have an idea and want to hunt one down, but all I want is the case, not the actual cassette deck.

I'm thinking Of mounting a small LCD screen in it for a backup camera. [emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

1 Wild R/T

Yup, he bracket & lower trim is different but the upper housing & tape deck are the same....

Cuda Cody

That's a cool idea! 

Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on April 17, 2017, 09:40:11 AM

I'm thinking Of mounting a small LCD screen in it for a backup camera. [emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FY1443433

I can help you out with all that information.  The player shrouds were all the same. it's the bottom mount that you will have to be careful with. Some of the players were just mounted to the floor.  I have all the part numbers associated with the tape played shroud at home.  I own a 71 Super Bee that came from the factory with one. 

FY1

anlauto

The shroud is two parts with the bottom part being different between console mounted and floor mounted. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bluemonster71RT

I was going to put 3 of my gauges in my tape deck housing but couldn't get them to fit correctly where I could see them. So I just used the lower mounting bracket and made a plate from aluminum and put the gauges on it as to not mess up anything original. I like your idea of the display screen. :twothumbsup:

mccannix

Top shroud and metal case is the same on all.
Here are the different bottom shrouds.
First two pictures....floor mount, automatic shroud and metal bracket on left, 4 speed on right.
Third picture shows console mount lower shroud and attaching hardware,.... note the lip on bottom.
Last pictures shows lower shround for floor mount auto and 4 speed....no lip