Main Menu

convertible REAR TRIM panels

Started by MoparDave, January 07, 2018, 01:21:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MoparDave

After some lengthy conversations this week and in prior months. I sent off a request for an updated tooling pricing and run production to have these made. I would be looking at doing the Cuda vert rear panels first. First run would consist of black and whites only although I polled for colors also. comment your color needs.

I would like to get a quick gauge from members of there needs. ***This is not 100% carved in stone yet***   I just opened up lines of communication from the same vendor that has made our kick panels which is the same vendor that has made the "metro" door panels.
I do NOT know costs or sell price yet as speculation of that would be misleading.

if you are seriously in the market for these. Please EMAIL me directly so I can generate a want list as it is difficult for me to track forums as with face book.

Email me at dradcliffe@mikeriehls.com

thank you and stay tuned.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Cuda Cody

@cudaized  should be pretty excited to hear about these panels possibly being produced to a high level.   :banana:

Jay Bee

Dave, email sent. Hope this endeavor works out.

anlauto

Member @ErikR  could have used a set a few months ago....he has a small fortune invested in original panels purchased lately. A nice set of new white ones that match his new door panels would be perfect.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71GranCoupe

My rear panels are in very good shape, but if the price was not too crazy, I sure would pick up a pair for spares in the event I might add a nice stereo system.  :popcorn:

MoparDave

Quote from: ErikR on January 07, 2018, 03:47:17 PM
yeah, small fortune is accurate! lot's of guys besides me that have been wanting the 'metro' level quality panels for decades and hunting for scarce usable originals.

with all the game changing reproduction parts of the last decade or so it's still surprising too me that none have been made especially if hardtop rears can be made.

of course i'd be interested and so would everyone, but damn I'd have to see it to believe it. just e-mailed you to keep in touch. good luck!

I agree, SMALL market for such a part is the main reason why no one has stepped up yet. its easy to say why haven't they been made or its shouldn't be an issue. but when your talking 6 figures to bring a part to market is a bit much. We were ready to do this 8 year's ago but couldn't get around the costs to make said parts.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

RUNCHARGER

Just a wild guess but what's the ratio of hardtops to convts? 35-1?
Sheldon

MoparDave

100's to 1 or more. never had quality panels to Compare sales too.

anlauto

I'd still be stuck....because I need blue ones and nobody is making the correct matching shade of blue to match the Metro door panels.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

MoparDave

Quote from: ErikR on January 08, 2018, 05:43:33 AM
Yes very expensive to make and I'm not fronting the cash so it's easy for me to complain.

With the crazy high convertible prices you'd think the market would support a run of the rear panels since owners may very well pay more for a set ..... who knows?

where did I ask for any funds ? again easy to say just make a part when its not your funds and complaining wont go to far.

Cuda_mark

I would guess that if the panels are high quality, just about every vert owner would buy a set, even if they already have originals.

MoparDave

color runs MAY be a possibility if I can get them low enough on the second run.

anlauto

Quote from: MoparDave on January 08, 2018, 06:34:00 AM
Quote from: ErikR on January 08, 2018, 05:43:33 AM
Yes very expensive to make and I'm not fronting the cash so it's easy for me to complain.

With the crazy high convertible prices you'd think the market would support a run of the rear panels since owners may very well pay more for a set ..... who knows?

where did I ask for any funds ? again easy to say just make a part when its not your funds and complaining wont go to far.

I think what he meant was, that because customers are not being asked to front money....they won't have any reason to complain, bitch or whine...

HEMICUDA

Quote from: ErikR on January 08, 2018, 07:55:34 AM
You misunderstood what I was saying, I meant I'm not fronting the tooling costs to get the part made, this topic has come up more than a few times over the past years...

I'm very sure Dave is not covering all the expense for these.  :)  Until updated tooling cost and per piece pricing is in and evaluated, it's pure speculation at this point weather the parts will be made.  I'm very confident pricing will be near the same as the last time they were quoted.  The deal is, minimum order at that time was x200 sets, if that number is still good, I'm in on the run.  If the black/white Cuda panels sell as well as I think they will, Challenger is next. 

Not really sure how to handle the colors, the production numbers are so low compared to black/white.  I can see taking names and color count to evaluate quantities.  If, and I say "if", we had a "good" list of color quantities before the first run, colors could be done at the same time.  Our problem is, the minimum order quantity for colors is x50 sets.  So much as I hate to say this since I've never done it, require a deposit for other colors before the first run is made so they can be run at the same time.  Additionally, the only other colors that would be considered would be blue and red.

cuda hunter

I don't have a vert.  But if this goes through I would pick up at least one set.
Black.
And if the colors come out, I'd be forced to pick up a blue and red.  Just because. 

One day I will stumble upon a vert......
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee