Main Menu

New Hides.......

Started by Mickm, September 17, 2019, 01:48:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mickm

I am back home after an 8 month relocation and finally able to do something more to the Cuda.
I was not pleased with the lack of comfort in the seats so I pulled them out and took to a guy about 4 hrs. from me.
I told him I wanted to keep the original look with a modern twist and some comfort.
He did exactly as I had hoped for. Here's how it came out.....

Here is the rear seat back in place.

Here is everything with the fronts back in place.

I needed to do something for the misses so I had him recover the visors and intrigate a late model lighted vanity mirror on her side.
She is a happy camper now!!! 

Cheers!
Mickm

Cuda Cody

They turned out great!!!  Are they as comfortable as they look?

Mickm

Hi Cody,
Absolutely!!!!!

Cheers!
Mickm

Mickm

Thanks guys. Basically he changed out the foam to Snoden foam and added bolstering to the sides.
They are extremely comfortable.
The material he used in the center sections is a modern version of the original. Feels very cool.
Cheers!
Mick

CudaMoparRay

Great modern and functional upgrade while keeping the spirit of the originals

BIGSHCLUNK

I know the pain of the original seats in E's ... Your's look great.  :banana:

anlauto

I never checked this thread because I thought we were going to be looking at tires :drunk: ....but man was I surprized...talk about a nice subtle upgrade ...I really like it.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Am I the only person who can't see a clear picture of the seats?  it's all fuzzy and photobookie.  Has photo adds on it. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

Quote from: cuda hunter on October 06, 2019, 12:21:22 PM
Am I the only person who can't see a clear picture of the seats?  it's all fuzzy and photobookie.  Has photo adds on it.
No your not!  :alan2cents:

cuda hunter

The sun visor pic showed up nice and clear this time. 

the seats do look pretty cool though. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Brads70

Quote from: cuda hunter on October 06, 2019, 12:21:22 PM

nope same here