Main Menu

Corbeau seats

Started by booyaballer, October 31, 2017, 03:34:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

booyaballer

My 70 Challenger currently has a bench seat but i plan to get some bucket seats.  i'm not so svelt so i need seats that are not narrow.  I have an SRT and love those seats which feel roomy but i can't find the dimensions to compare them.  I'm considering the Corbeau "Sport Seat." does anyone have any experience/thoughts on them? 

IRON MAN

I have sat on Corbeau seats many times and think they look great in muscle cars. I plan to buy a pair for my 68 AMX soon. I prefer the GTS seats.

Brads70

Before you spend the money , go look at your local wrecking yard. Bring a tape measure and have some fun looking. I did this....Hyundia Tiburon seats $35 each , leather too.
Important  measurement is  front the floor to seat for steering wheel clearance.

Oldschool

I have been running Corbeau seats in my Barracuda (A body) since 2003. They have held up great and are still very comfortable. Not a very good picture of the seats, but you can see that they are still in great condition and have held up to the wear and tear.

booyaballer

interesting idea.  did you have to customize brackets?  are the seats fixed in place or do the seats slide forward and back?

Brads70

Quote from: booyaballer on November 01, 2017, 04:04:11 PM
interesting idea.  did you have to customize brackets?  are the seats fixed in place or do the seats slide forward and back?

Are you asking me? If so, yes I made brackets so they bolt into the original holes. They slide back and forth, and tilt forward to access the back seat. I'm 6'1" so I made the drivers seat mounts further back for more leg room. I can have the front seat touch the back if I want now.

booyaballer

i wish i was mechanically inclined to make some brackets.  how much for a pair of brackets Brads70?

Brads70

Quote from: booyaballer on November 01, 2017, 09:00:09 PM
i wish i was mechanically inclined to make some brackets.  how much for a pair of brackets Brads70?

This is something where you would have to have the car and seats in front of me to do, to make sure it's right. To many variables  otherwise.  I'd guess you will have to make mounts with what ever non stock seats you choose? Might be able to use the original seats tracks by drilling new holes, etc...?

Moparman82

@booyaballer don't be afraid to try something new, building the brackets might go easier than you think, something like this seems daunting because you haven't done it before, but borrow a welder and helmet from a friend, watch a few YouTube videos and practice a couple times on some scrap metal, may come easier to you than you think!
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

MOPAR MITCH

I have a Corbeay GT8 fixed seat (on my factory OE sliders)... its a competition seat but well padded and comfy, light weight (~18#)... can drive cross-country if I wanted as its very comfy... and great lateral support for AX/HPDE/HSAX.   But, I also have a pair of front Recaro imitators... bought from JCWhitney... "Garage Pro" brand...  high lateral support bottom and upper, adjustable positions, ~30# each... adapted the factory OE gliders to them.... flippable for back seat access.

The GTS seat is a very good seat!    As your time allows, seek and find many different brands, etc, to try and sit... so you can best decide what fits your body.   The factory OE gliders and be adapted with different plates which you can simply make on your own, drill a few holes to attach and align with nuts/bolts... or weld if are able to do so. 

Cudajason

Quote from: Moparman82 on November 03, 2017, 08:06:19 AM
@booyaballer don't be afraid to try something new, building the brackets might go easier than you think, something like this seems daunting because you haven't done it before, but borrow a welder and helmet from a friend, watch a few YouTube videos and practice a couple times on some scrap metal, may come easier to you than you think!

I am in the same boat...I have the same seats as brad...no real fab experience, but I am going to give it a whirl over the winter. 

Someone once said, its only nuts and bolts...how bad can you really screw it up!  In this case its only metal!  If you screw it up, start it over!

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

booyaballer

good points.  thanks for the encouragement!!

303 Mopar

303 Mopar

Another option for the Tiburon seats that CID440 on c-c.com did was take a set of stock cuda slider brackets, remove all the cuda slider mechanism's just leaving the base bracket, get some 3/16 steel plate, remove the mounting tabs off the seats you're putting in, weld flat steel plates to the existing seat sliders, measure stock cuda seat base's and studs (they are still intact btw) and weld the cuda mount brackets to the plates.   

FSHTAIL

Quote from: 303 Mopar on November 05, 2017, 01:49:59 PM
Apparently Omni/Charger seats are a direct bolt on to E-body seat tracks.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/7849077/site_id/1#import
That's really cool, I had the same seats in my Shelby Charger GLHS

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)