Main Menu

CUDA 1970 / ABNORMAL NOISE ON THE VENTILATION

Started by THE ZUKE, November 11, 2018, 10:12:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

THE ZUKE

Hi guys  ;)

There is an abnormal noise on the ventilation in the passenger compartment.

Would anyone have a plan or drawing of the complete block located in the cockpit?

I think the pale rub on something but I do not see what it is.

Thank's for the answers.  :ohyeah:

Cuda Cody

Are you talking about a vibration from the heater box (passenger side of the car)?  There's a "J" hook on the heater box that if it is missing can make a vibration noise.

Tell us more about the noise.  Is it only when driving or also when stopped at an idle?

THE ZUKE

Quote from: Cuda Cody on November 11, 2018, 11:35:12 AM
Are you talking about a vibration from the heater box (passenger side of the car)?  There's a "J" hook on the heater box that if it is missing can make a vibration noise.

Tell us more about the noise.  Is it only when driving or also when stopped at an idle?

It is when I push the button (arm) on the right and when the ventilation motor turn on.

I hear a noise like a friction, I think the helix touch something but I don't know what.

It isn't the ventilation for the big block but in the vehicule cabin in front of the passenger.

73_Cuda_4_Me

Any time fan motor is running, or just in certain vent positions (floor, defrost)?

Could be fan motor bushings running dry, or it could be something caught in fan box rubbing against squirrel cage (I've had some twigs make it down vent inlet into housing before, and sounds like a soft b-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d, that changes speed with fan speed)...

Bushings are more of a squeal or chirping noise...
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

THE ZUKE

Quote from: 73_Cuda_4_Me on November 11, 2018, 12:09:08 PM
Any time fan motor is running, or just in certain vent positions (floor, defrost)?

Could be fan motor bushings running dry, or it could be something caught in fan box rubbing against squirrel cage (I've had some twigs make it down vent inlet into housing before, and sounds like a soft b-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d, that changes speed with fan speed)...

Bushings are more of a squeal or chirping noise...

Yes anytime when the motor is running. I need to disassemble but I do not know how this plastic box is maked.

The noise is like when a vaccum cleaner is running  :) (An important noise...).

I am sure something rub but what and where ?

73_Cuda_4_Me

Click on resources at the top of the web page... there are parts books for the cars there... heater is under accessories at the start (at least on my 73)... shows blowup assembly... will help you get an idea of how things go together (or come apart)...
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

redgum78

I had a vacuum line fall of my Charger once. It allowed one of the flappers to flutter and vibrate with air flow. It made the strangest noise when the fan was on or if I had the windows open.

Might be worth checking.

Chryco Psycho

Likely the bushings in the fan motor are dry , you will need to remove the glove box & heater box entirely to get at it

THE ZUKE

Quote from: 73_Cuda_4_Me on November 11, 2018, 08:00:20 PM
Click on resources at the top of the web page... there are parts books for the cars there... heater is under accessories at the start (at least on my 73)... shows blowup assembly... will help you get an idea of how things go together (or come apart)...

Thank's I will have a look.

73chalngr

Not 100% sure but don't some blower motors come in the engine compartment ?

303 Mopar

Burdar

If it's an A/C car, the blower motor comes out from the engine compartment.  If non A/C, then the entire box has to come out.