Main Menu

Dash Frame - Heater and Fan Control Assembly Question

Started by 1970Cuda, July 19, 2021, 06:18:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1970Cuda

Hi all,

I'm working on my dash frame and specifically the heater selector, fan switch and plate. I want to remove the nobs (see circled items) to separate the plastic plate from it, but I'm not if I can remove the nobs and/or replace them or not. (I need to clean the plate before re-installing it. And would like to replace the crusty nobs with new ones if possible.) It looks like the whole arm can be removed from the back side (under side), but not sure about that either.

Does anyone have knowledge on these items or experience separating these items? Thanks much for your assistance.

anlauto

The ONLY way I've ever done it was to replace the whole arm. I don't think you'll get those chrome knobs off or back on in one piece :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

FE5CUDA

Once the arms are removed from the plastic bezel, the knobs CAN be removed, of course you'll need tools.  Reproductions are not being made, your only choice is to have the originals re-chromed.

73chalngr

You need to disconnect the stuff on the backside of the control panel and then it slides out the front

1970Cuda

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for all your responses. I really appreciate the confirmation on how to remove the arms and how not to mess up the nobs. I will proceed as you all indicated. Again, really appreciate the information and feedback. This site is always so great about providing information and "How to ..." knowledge for us novices.