Main Menu

Dash frame repair

Started by headejm, November 13, 2017, 06:38:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

headejm

:help: Previous owner hacked up my dash frame to put a different radio in. Does anyone have a photo of what that corner looks like in case I decide to repair it? What about the underside where extra holes were added?  :thankyou:

71GranCoupe

Too bad of the distance, as I have one that you can have. Shipping would be a bear.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

Wow...I got the exact same problem with one here at my shop... :unbelievable:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

I normally will just find perfectly stock dash frame if it has been cut.  Attached are a couple photos I have of that area of the dash frames.  I can get you a close up of that area later in the week if you need it.  But I would suggest looking for a stock uncut frame.  Since all E-Bodies had the frame they are pretty easy to find in good shape.

MoparDave

if your not putting a stock radio back in, that area and the bottom wont matter.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

headejm

Car originally came with an AM 8-track. When I got it in 1980 it had an AM/FM 8-track from a Chrysler. It mostly bugs me that my dash has been hacked up. Thinking of putting in an AM radio that I have laying around since serviceable AM 8-tracks are over priced IMO.

Shane Kelley

I do have a dash frame that was bent in the middle from somebody's knee in a wreck.  We could cut the part you need out and weld it in yours. It's the original one out of my Cuda. I had a perfect spare and used it for the build. Here's a good shot of what that area should look like.

headejm

You da man @Shane Kelley! I'll take you up on your offer. Talk to you soon.  :cheers:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Shane Kelley on November 15, 2017, 09:54:24 AM
I do have a dash frame that was bent in the middle from somebody's knee in a wreck.  We could cut the part you need out and weld it in yours. It's the original one out of my Cuda. I had a perfect spare and used it for the build. Here's a good shot of what that area should look like.

My '71 Charger's original dash frame was bent in the middle from somebody's knee in a past wreck too!  lol....

Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

Shane Kelley

Thought I would post up some pics of @headejm dash repair. I used a section from my original bent dash from my Cuda.

anlauto

Beautiful repair job, and as always nicely over-restored Shane  :bradsthumb: :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration