Main Menu

Dash is back in with Dakota Digital RTX gauges

Started by 72hemi, January 31, 2021, 04:43:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

72hemi

I finally have the interior back together in my 72 Challenger and I couldn't be happier! Fresh dash pad, new Dakota Digital RTX instrument cluster and GT Performance Tuff wheel. I still have a little more wiring to do before I'm finished. You can monitor my progress and see how I do the work by subscribing to my YouTube channel Life at Speed.

https://youtube.com/channel/UChAzOMcR7uLgoYjS9xODpsg
Life's too short to drive boring cars

anlauto

@72hemi with the Dakota dash, is there two little remote switches or something ? If so, where did you mount yours ? I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

72hemi

Quote from: anlauto on March 02, 2021, 01:23:27 PM
@72hemi with the Dakota dash, is there two little remote switches or something ? If so, where did you mount yours ? I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

Sorry for the late response, I haven't checked in on here in a couple weeks. The kit comes with a single toggle switch that needs to be mounted within reach of the driver. It comes with a mounting bracket and on my dash frame there happened to be a pair of holes that happened to line up perfectly with the switch mounting bracket so I mounted it there.

72hemi

Not sure why it posted the picture upside down, but I have tried to fix it and it won't let me,

anlauto

Thanks for the response, I finally got my Metric version this week, haven't really "dug" into it yet. I think I'm going to put that switch in the cigarette lighter hole :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JonH

Quote from: dodj on March 11, 2021, 10:22:55 AM
What is the switch for?

Allows you to toggle through all the functions of the digital readouts. Setup, time, dash lights, top speed, rpm, etc. etc...go to their website and you will see a list of functions. Big list with some cool readouts...

Skdmark

Could it be installed where the 4th hole is for rear defog/top lift on the switch pod?
Assuming that spot  is not occupied.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

Quote from: Skdmark on March 11, 2021, 11:39:53 AM
Could it be installed where the 4th hole is for rear defog/top lift on the switch pod?
Assuming that spot  is not occupied.

I'm sure you can get creative with it....no rules when customizing a car  8)

dodj

I think if it were me,  I would go with a steering wheel that has a built-in button or two.
Something like this
https://getnrg.com/collections/leather-collection/products/rst-007

Accessible without leaning over I'm thinking. And I already have the estopp button in the cig  lighter hole.   ;)
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill