Main Menu

Dash vents

Started by Gizmo327, August 06, 2020, 06:38:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Gizmo327

just recently noticed some dash have vents in the dash on the passenger side above the glove box and ashtray and others do not. was it a certain year that the change happened?

Katfish

Cars with A/C have vents in the dash, non-A/C cars don't.

anlauto

Yea....all years of 1970-74 E Bodies had the vents in the dash if they came factory equipped with Air Conditioning only. No A/C meant no vents in the dash.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Gizmo327

Thanks. Based on pics below I am guessing the dash got replaced with a AC dash since I don't have a build sheet or fender tag.

anlauto

What does the firewall look like ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Gizmo327

hard to get a good view as the a previous owner relocated the radiator overflow tank to that location

anlauto

Yup, for sure only the dash pad was swapped out at some point.  :twothumbsup:

Spikedog08

So you're saying that the drivers side had vents but the passenger side didn't?   :huh:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Mopar5

The drivers side vent would not be in the dash it would be next to the heat & ac controls

71vert340

Drivers side AC vent.
Terry

anlauto

Quote from: Spikedog08 on August 10, 2020, 08:24:30 AM
So you're saying that the drivers side had vents but the passenger side didn't?   :huh:
No, his pictures say the opposite  :dunno:

71vert340

In an AC car, the passenger side had vents in the dash pad and the drivers side was in the heater/AC control panel plastic dash piece. In a non-Ac car, there were no dash vents at all. Vents in a non-AC car were under the dash frame and blew down on the feet.
Terry.

Spikedog08

Quote from: anlauto on August 10, 2020, 12:34:27 PM

Got it . . And agree.  Told the vents are getting harder to find. 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Mopar5

Quote from: anlauto on August 10, 2020, 12:34:27 PM
Smarty